Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Some of the stash i got this winter.
New chain adjusters, solo seat, carbon rear mud and chain guard, brembo rcs 19 and bits and pieces from Probolt.
Waiting for a Ohlins rear shock and new springs for the front to match my weight.
Spring can’t come fast enough.. counting the days View attachment 575306 View attachment 575307 View attachment 575308
The bike looks great, nicely done!

I noticed that the axle nut/adjuster combo has the new nut kind of hanging off the end like it’s not threaded all the way. I had the same issue with mine and used an oem R6 axle nut to remedy the situation. This was on my zx6r but I’m sure you can find another nut that fits better. It won’t look as good but I’ll take peace of mind over looks any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Gsxr1000r 2017
25 Posts
The bike looks great, nicely done!

I noticed that the axle nut/adjuster combo has the new nut kind of hanging off the end like it’s not threaded all the way. I had the same issue with mine and used an oem R6 axle nut to remedy the situation. This was on my zx6r but I’m sure you can find another nut that fits better. It won’t look as good but I’ll take peace of mind over looks any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, it’s a shame really. Paid about 50€ for that titanium nut. Hopefully I’ll make it work with a smaller shim behind it. It’s only finger tight in the photo so It might be ok. I would not take this bike out as is either, as you say peace of mind.

·
Registered
440 Posts
It's 4F this morning. I looked at it in my garage on stands, under a tarp when I went to work this morning.
It was 18F in the garage.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice, waiting on a set, let us know how you like them compared to stock.
I have the non R model. My impression was that the stock suspension was two harsh, not nearly compliant enough. Expansion joints were jarring. Several months ago I replaced the rear shock with the Ohlins TTX. This helped greatly reduce the jarring nature of the bike.

Yesterday I put on the new forks, and today I road about 200 miles on tight canyon roads. The forks certainly add a new level of compliance. The front now feels plush. This doesn't mean soft. The dampening and spring rate are very good for aggressive riding. The ride is just that much better.

While I do think the rear shock made a bigger difference, the addition of the front forks is an improvement as well. The overall suspension is now silky smooth.

If you have the BFF, the Ohlin inserts maybe the way to go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ordered a new tires, oils, brake fluids, getting ready to wake up from hibernation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
So the first thing i did to my lovely baby was change the horrendous stock can (L8, so the huge silver one. Not black) and go for the Arrow slip on.

Then we got punted from the back, wrecked both me and her.

Rear wheel was crushed, so was looking around for a used one. Only 1 available was from the States, and price + shipping cost me a hefty amount.
Head scratching for a couple of days, i went all in and get me a brand new OZ Gass instead since the the used wheel would cost me half of Gass anyway.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts