304 Posts

Attachments

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,080 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,367 Posts
What's up everyone, first post here in this forum. Installed the Shogun kit today and returned the $90 torque wrench to Home depot after

Cheers from LA
Please head over to "The Starting Line" and make an Intro post.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The paint on the wheels had chipped in some places. And it absolutely bothered me. Went ahead and painted them.. Satin Matte Black. And with this have made my life more complicated to maintain these!
Bike Wheel Off.jpg
wheel taping.jpg
wheel close up .jpeg

Also got the "S" on the tank painted to Red. For extra BHP. Same goes to the belly pan as well..but that's WIP!
Tank.jpg

I'll upload a picture when all done with all the additions to some really sweet parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, it was another day where it sat in my house broken down, but once i get my new stator i can finally rip 100 Mph through a school zone doing wheelies in my wife beater and cargo shorts #gixxerlife

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys, thank you to Jason @karnsperformance for flashing my ECU and sending it back fast. My base model L7 is now shifting smoothly with the QS/autoblip retrofit kit from FTECU. So far I prefer the option 2 in the QS settings.

In order to match the stock rod length between swivels of 8.75 inches, the shift rod from the kit should be a little longer so there is less exposed swivel threads (less than 0.19 inch as specified in instructions). The Suzuki installation instructions I used are attached below.

https://www.superbikeunlimited.com/...category_id=0&sort=p.price&order=DESC&page=22

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Installed an EvoTech Radiator Guard on my L7 GSX-R1000. Got a pin-hole leak in my radiator from a 1 in a million shot from a rock. Meant to buy a radiator guard a long time ago, learned my lesson, don't procrastinate.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Installed an EvoTech Radiator Guard on my L7 GSX-R1000. Got a pin-hole leak in my radiator from a 1 in a million shot from a rock. Meant to buy a radiator guard a long time ago, learned my lesson, don't procrastinate.

On my trip back from the dealership the radiator fins were bent. Don’t know why it doesn’t come from the factory with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yah, I was wondering the same thing, cost savings I guess. They were generous enough to put one on the oil cooler from the factory. Wanted the Yoshimura radiator and oil cooler guard kit, but it cost around $450. Too rich for my blood. The EvoTech fit nice and easy at $100 price point. Doesnt look as cool as the Yoshi, but does the job.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
After rocking the Alpha T full stainless for two summers. I'm trying something new. The Alpha, with Jason Karns tuning made great power. The looks and sound are excellent. I highly recommend this pipe to any that's looking for a full system.

For this year I decided to go with the Yoshimura R-11 Sq full titanium system. Pricey, but a beautiful piece from front to back. The welds are incredible and the overall quality is superb. These are quite rare here in the states.

I've put it through a few heat cycles, but Sunday is the going to be the first ride. Looking forward to seeing the titanium season to that trademark blue color.

I'll report back with my thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
After rocking the Alpha T full stainless for two summers. I'm trying something new. The Alpha, with Jason Karns tuning made great power. The looks and sound are excellent. I highly recommend this pipe to any that's looking for a full system.

For this year I decided to go with the Yoshimura R-11 Sq full titanium system. Pricey, but a beautiful piece from front to back. The welds are incredible and the overall quality is superb. These are quite rare here in the states.

I've put it through a few heat cycles, but Sunday is the going to be the first ride. Looking forward to seeing the titanium season to that trademark blue color.

I have the R-11sq in Metal Magic slip on, but not the complete system. I like the look better than the Alpha T, not sure about the difference in sound but I like how the R11-sq sounds. I have not taken the damping baffle out yet to see how that sounds, probably just a deeper grumble. Eventually I will get the Yosh headers to complete the system.

·
Registered
79 Posts

Your right about rare too, had to order mine from Yoshimura Japan back in 2017 and it took 2 months to come in.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts