Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got the beast running good and stripped off all fairings and gas tank, next is wheels. I'll start preping it next week. But it posses a very serious question, What color to paint the bike. I've already stripped all stock stickers and that frickin' glue to a bare surface(it looks funny). I have a great paint guy going to spay it for me next weekend. I'm thinking a glossy white and look for a stock sticker set for it, but all my buddies think I should go with a bright yellow or burnt orange or something loud, but I don't know, I'd kinda like to go back to the stock look. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
how about lime green, or brown.

JK! if you want it to stand out, go with your friends, but if you like the stock look do that. its not your friends bike.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i have been debating this same question. i am leaning towards a brighter silver than the original gray on my bike stock or the hot lava orange that comes on the scion xb. either one i think i will paint the very lower of the lowers black along with the front fender and the wheels. good luck in your choice, but really anyone you make will be good. afterall you picked it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
orange and yellow looks so squidly if doesnt have the right decals in my opinion. Paint it all white with a double line (red or suzuki blue) run across the front fairing, tank and tail.. cut some original "GSXR" decals and stick them on the sides (just in front of the radiator scoop exits... Would look classy and mean ( Like an Ameircan vintage Muscle car!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where does one get good decals?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ive seen some where that has them but i dont know where the link is.
someone knows.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i have everything for GSXR on vector form and i know a guy (who also did my decals) who can do it for a great price, much cheaper than tapeworks, he is amotorcylist too you you want more info PM me and ill give you his email. I can do your decals also for free i have GSXR, Suzuki and whatever else you want on my PC.

·
Registered
63 Posts
www.extremedecals.com is where i got mine from. just bare in mind that it takes nearly two weeks til they get them to you. i ordered mine and am waiting on them so i can clear my bike, but i didn't realize they were in singapore or something!!! not a bad price though.

nice photoshop!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes nice photoshop, kinda puts things in perspective. I think it would look even better with the GSXR stickers on the side, and a www.gixxer.com sticker accross the back. Astroman I'll have to take you up on the graphics that you have, I'll PM you.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i have been looking at the 3150 kit here http://tapeworks.com/Pages/3150.html i wasthinking about painting my bike silver and doing these graphics with black on top and progressively lighter greys down, with red where it shows red. i have a factory suzuki seat cowl, so it would look like the one piece tail it shows. any thoughts??

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Danny I like the 3150 kit too.What I wouldn't like would be the up keep if I had to keep those wheels white. Are you going with with white wheels? Are you using the bike for a commuter?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
yah im with Bobby, white wheels.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i want to do the bike a brighter silver than it is now( like the silver on my suzuki aerio wagon that i drive daily) , with a black front fender and wheels, with the graphics being as i described above. black top color and two lighter greys down. i wish i had photoshop and knew how to use it so i could change the colors on that pic above to see how i like it.

hell maybe i should do matching graphics on the car. i need a license plate frame that says, MY OTHER SUZUKI IS A GIXXER!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts