Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realise there's a sticky on this! And I've read it all the way through! But I still don't know the answer, and I'm very short of time!

I've come across the chance to get some BST CF wheels from a K4 quite cheap. But I have to make a decision quickly (today).

What changes will I need to make them fit (if I can get them to fit at all?)

I know that the K4 has a different front rotor diameter to the L0... I assume I will need to get Rotors in L0 size (310) that will fit the K4 hub? Is that right? Does anyone make these?

What about the rear wheel? Will it fit? What changes will I need to make?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, further research, I'm pretty sure the front will fit directly if I use SV1000 rotors, these have 310mm diameter (same as GSXR 1000 k9/l0) but 5 bolts with same bore and pcd as the k4.

Problem is, I'm still entirely unsure on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Check that out I found a lot of info on wheels in that forum ! I still have not found a good deal on chrome or polished wheels yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check that out I found a lot of info on wheels in that forum! I still have not found a good deal on chrome or polished wheels yet.

Thanks for that, although I've already read through it (twice and scanned it a third) and still can't find a clear answer on if a K4 rear wheel will fit a K9/L0. :/

At this point, I'm pretty sure the front will just bolt straight on if I stick some sv1000 rotors on it.

There seems to be lots of info about the front wheel dimensions/rotors etc. But not so much on the rears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting some seriously conflicting information. I'm not sure if I can post links to other forums here so I'll just post quotes:

From a post titled: "GSXR1000 wheel compatibility K7-K9?"

"Front wheel will fit, rear wheel needs some mods. It could just be the brake side spacer needing cutting down but we machined the calliper hanger to be sure."

"i had to machine spacer on disc side down bout 5mm and also disc carrier the same amount. front goes straight on."

Another post on another forum titled: "Can GSXR K8 1000 wheels work in a k9"

"yes the front does, we ran it. The rear is very different. Also rear uses a yamaha sprocket not suzuki."

"rear wheel is WAY different, rotor, offset, carrier, sprocket (all newer R1/R6) and the front i dont recall now, i know the 600/750 your talking about is easy swap but the 09 1000 is drastically different than the 05-08 gen. If you want buy an older front and give it a try, i know my racers never got to work, but maybe they didnt try hard enough. FYI we have a set of 09 GSXR1000 wheels were are going to be selling soon (parting entire sbk out actually!)"

On the other hand, there is a post or two on this forum that have very positive sentiment:

"Hello, I talked to Tony at Vesrah and he tried the 09 wheels on an 08 for me and worked. He also used a 08 front on the 09 for a set a rains. "

"i bet the rear will fit fine but the front will probably fit so long as you use 05-08 rotors"

"Been told, if you switch whole wheels (rims, rotors ) everything will bolt
up perfectly. I am in the same position as you I want to use my BST and CMC
from my 2006 and tranfer them to the 2009 1K."

"(will fit, heard from Marchesini dealer here)"

I'm so confused at this point!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
In a quick look, the rear axle and bearing spacer are different between K4 and K9. But the bearings, seals, axle spacers, and nut are the same. So it looks like they have a different interior swingarm distance. That's probably what machining the spacer 5 mm is about. I would have guessed that the K9 was wider but machining says the opposite. All this is based on very little information. I would have liked to have the bearing spacer length but couldn't find it for either. Pics suggest that the K9 spacer is about 142 mm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback..

They're on eBay in the Uk. Guy is about 2 hours drive from me. They look to be in excellent condition.

Asking price £1500, he said he'd accept £1200... £1200 for a set of CF BST wheels is a price I'd be willing to pay. But I've just put brand new rear rotor, pads and sprocket on. So if I have to get new front and rear rotors and sprocket and have custom spacers made,... it's becoming a little too much effort/cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts