Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what is the altitude at the dyno you were on? If you are high above sea level your numbers will be low...

Anyhow.. You can do a big bore, cams, custom map on the PCII, TRE, port the head...

Lots of things that can be done..

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
117 rhp is good for a 99 bro.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
117 rhp is good for a 99 bro.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe for a stock one... 117 is kinda low on power...

Hammer4 had his bike on the dyno at like a 129 or something like that... It was scary...

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
So 117hp is good with all the mods I have? Isn't stock around 115hp? I would think with a full exhaust system, PCII (PC map for a yosh full exhaust), and K&N filter; I would get more than 2-3 more hp. Maybe I need to get it tuned.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles do you have on your bike??

Hammer4 had a RS3, PCII, TRE, no PAIR valve, K&N filter, 520 chain with a 180 rear tire. I sent him a message asking how much his bike put out for sure...

John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like I said, I am a newbie to modding a motorcycle, and don't know too much about jack! lol

What can I do with the cams, any particular suggestions, and the price for install/parts?

What is "TRE", and porting the head, and the same questions as above.

I am not trying to have a dragbike or anything like that, I just want to keep up with the newer models (2000 and up), because I definitely don't want to trade my "baby"! lol

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 11,000 miles on it so far. I have a full Yoshi RS-3 exhaust, RK Chain/Sprocket kit(think it changed ratio to 2.7?), K&N filter, and PCII. Also is it ok to go to a 180 street tire from the stock 190? Or do I have to change the back rim?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I need to know how many miles you have on it.. It sounds to me like there is something up with the motor.

With cams you need to get new ones... They are about 700 bucks for a good new set.

Do a Search for TRE MOD and PAIR and you will find out all kinds of stuff...

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Cutlester:
I have 11,000 miles on it so far. I have a full Yoshi RS-3 exhaust, RK Chain/Sprocket kit(think it changed ratio to 2.7?), K&N filter, and PCII. Also is it ok to go to a 180 street tire from the stock 190? Or do I have to change the back rim?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can run a 180 with no problem... I have been doing it for about 31K miles now...

First thing, get a valve check/adustment. That might be a big problem there... Get a compression check and a leak down test... Find out why the bike is low on power. Is your air filter clean?
Have the TBs synced and make sure you have a good set of NEW plugs in it (cr9e is stock, put in a CR9EK if you want a bit more power). Then see how she runs...

ALSO!!!!! GET A MANUAL CAM CHAIN ADJUSTER (CCT). The 99 has a BAD problem with the auto CCT going out... Check the post at the top of this fourm... There is a How To on the install...

John

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
hey Cutlester,

youve come to the right place for all your inquiries, and have furthermore found the local guru (JEFF TOO) for these gen1 srads. Your bike's output of 117 is not on target of where it should be with the additions you have.....thats on key for a STOCK setup, not yours. Dont take anything else in that matter to be true......The only explanation (that is, if your bike checks out okay) is an incorrect dyno reading/s due to incorrect variables for the run.

hey jay,
If 117 is good for a modded motor(mild, i agree), the 600 stock should be around what....85 or so?????? what #'s are you gettin at the dyno and how far bov MSL (mean sea level) are you??

lemme know bro...

scott

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have talked to Hammer4 and he said his was 129.2HP at the rear... with the same mods...

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
1 thing you can do is goto place where you got it dynoed and tell him to give you a Air/Fuel print out along with ya dyno print out then post on here if you have a scanner then you we can all see what really going on. Only real thing the 2k got on the older models is lighter and better midrange +3 to 4 rhp stock that it. good luck and like da freak said get rid of that cam chain tensioner or you might look like this or dam clos
e

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone. Glad I found this website! I am new to modding obviously. Got a question. What can I do to my 1999 750 to get up to around 130-135hp? (basically I want to keep up with the 2000 SRAD 750). I dynoed my bike and it dynoed at 117hp, with full yosh RS-3 system, PCII, racing chain/sprocket kit, and K&N filter. I may need a new exhaust system (got it used, and baffle seems to be toasted), because I expect more power than 117 bhp with my mods. I also don't want to destory my engine in the process. Thanks for your help.

Lee

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks a lot Audio. That picture is going to give me nightmares. Wait a second. Nevermind. I went to a manual CCT last week. Good looking out guys.

·
Registered
645 Posts
From personal experience on a former racebike (not mine though), is that you can do headwork, cams, exhaust system, PC 2 or not really.. and higher comp. pistons and pull nearly 140hp. You just have to know what to put together. Ask TooJayZee on the board. His bike is .. so damn fast! I'm talking about this thing walks away from R1's and 954's, and anything it's size and smaller. Only thing we don't know about is Gixxer 1k. I doubt it would take that due to it's stock rwhp rating and weight. I'd say if you do both head work and cams and pistons, you'd be screamin' like there's no end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the info. Placed my order for the CCT, and gasket; and will have it installed ASAP.

John - What is a "no PAIR valve"? I think you posted that Hammer has that on his bike.
12 more HPs than my bike with the same mods? Is it possible that the stock CCT then some type of damage to the engine already? I talked to a shop tech, and he said that 117hp is a good hp reading with my mods. Hmmmmmm

Lee

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No Pair Valve is the PAIR mod.. Same thing... lol

117 seems low if you ask me... I would check the timming when you put in the CCT and make sure you are ok...

It really sounds like there is something going on... Do a search on here for dealer mode and check your TPS for adjustment. Also might want to take a look at the plugs..

John

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Cutlester:
Should I make it hard wired, or install a switch? Or does it make any difference?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mine and GSXR-Freak's were hardwired..cheap, and easy..

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Correction.. Mine is on a stwich and I wish i would have not spent the time and money for the switch...

John

1 - 20 of 25 Posts