·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what the title says.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
valvoline full synthetic dot 4... really good stuff that you don't necessarily have to change every race weekend. tan bottle with red & blue highlights.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
Have been using Belray, might try Motul. But I still need steel braided lines and want to try some Vesrah pads as well, so one thing at a time...

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
motul 600 best fluid you can get

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
valvoline full synthetic dot 4... really good stuff that you don't necessarily have to change every race weekend. tan bottle with red & blue highlights.
I think that's the stuff I've been using, and I'm starting to think that's what's causing my brakes to fade when they get hot. It's like 5 bucks for a quart at Advanced Autoparts.

I want to try something else/better (I guess more expensive LOL).

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I don't know man... I've never had brake fade issues from it... doesn't mean it can't happen though. Still, everyone I know that uses it has had zero problems. Your brake fade may be from other issues.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
+1
for once we agree
+2 Bull Dave at CAD has it stock.. If you head to summit this weekend I have an extra bottle at the house you can have.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I used to use Bellray but it's a bit pricey. I now use the full synthetic valvoline.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1
for once we agree
+2 Bull Dave at CAD has it stock.. If you head to summit this weekend I have an extra bottle at the house you can have.
I'll have to see if I can find a dealer. I might head out to summit but prolly just Monday to see the nationals. You staying for Monday?

·
Registered
16,168 Posts

Actually..I think Castor Oil makes a brake fluid that surpasses and brake fluid, it has a boilin point of some outragous #..but it's like 75.00 for a Gal...

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
+1
for once we agree
I'll have to see if I can find a dealer. I might head out to summit but prolly just Monday to see the nationals. You staying for Monday?
cycle gear sells it. if you cant find it ill ship the shit to you

·
Registered
328 Posts
+1
for once we agree
I'm not going until monday. I'll put in the truck.. I'll be near T10 as thats were my teammate will pit

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
10w40.. shit last longer than brake fluid. its good stuff
if your gonna use motor oil....try 5w30 it will be a bit easier to bleed your brakes.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Silkolene Pro Race-expensive but the only stuff that doesn't give me fade (yes I tried Motul). I buy it from me

-Nick

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
+1
for once we agree
cycle gear sells it. if you cant find it ill ship the shit to you
Found some online. Thanks for offering Wiz.

Damn that stuff is expensive, but if it solves my problem......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts