Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys this is for all you big time riders ,i really need to know if i was to get a bike aka GIXXER-1000 would i be able to handel the bike i mean if i know my lemits and im the one telling it how fast to go i think i can handel it. One more question can my skills improve on a GIXXER-1000? like can i become a better rider. My reason for asking this is because i dont have the money to get a smaller bike and then upgrade later it just isnt an option, i also want to know how long you can ride this bike untill it becomes unbearable?

Thank you for your time
- Darris

·
AKA PogueBoyy
1,483 Posts
First Bike - Thread

Check out the thread above...
In my opinion...Go smaller if this is your first bike...Even a 600 is enough Ooomph. Your Gixxer will hold its value as long as you take care of it...All of the Gixxers will go fast, it's just some of them get to "fast" faster than others...
Bottom line is be safe and don't ride beyond your limits and the roads limits...

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
This is a joke right ?

I mean, we have been here so many times, and there are so many threads on the subject.

Lets see....

New GSXR1000 is ~$10,000 OTD
Gear - $2000
MSF Course - $200
Insurance - $2000 if its your first bike ?

so say $14,200.

with a budget of $14,000.......

Gear - $2000 (never skimp on gear)
Used SV650S - $4000
MSF course $200
Superbike school and track days - $2000
Suspension fettling $400
Insurance - $500

total - $9,100

I would guarentee that you will be way faster on your SV650S within a year than anyone you ride with on a GSXR1000.

At the end of your first year, take the $5K that you saved (and invested) add it to the $4000 that your SVS is still worth.

so

SVS sale - 4000
saved - 5000

total - $9000

Buy a used GSXR600 for about $6K
Insurance - $800
Track days and school - $2000

change - $200

At the end of the second year - you might be ready to race, so turn it into a track bike, so save up a few thousand in over the next couple of years for another street bike....

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Go easy on him guy's;he might have just saw Biker Boyz and got the itch..

G

·
Look man I dont mean to be rude or nothing but...How can you HANDLE a GiX1000 when you cant even spell the word correctly? If you dont have the budget to upgrade bikes in the future what makes you think you'll have the budget to pay for those hospital bills?
Peace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased a used 97' GSX-R 600 in the earlier part of this passed December. I spent about $3000.00 and I'm having the time of my life... NO DOUBT!
Just remember that you gotta crawl before you can walk. Since you've never riden a bike before you have no idea about the power that the bike can put out. Ultimately, the decision is yours, but take into consideration what the experienced riders have to say.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm also new to riding, but i agree with everyone else on this topic. The 1k is over kill for a beginner. Sure I'm starting out on a gix600 but I know what my limits are. As soon as I get it I will be spending alot of time getting intuned with it. Even though I want to start modifying it from the start, I will be focusing on riding technique and training first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.