Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my bike for a day and have 55miles on it. Just curious what people are getting for gas milage? My buddy is getting around 27 in his 06 R6
and i thought that was kinda bad. My 78 750 gets around 32! I was kinda expecting these new bikes to get good milage, atleast 35mpg?? Please post up your average mpg and what octane you are using.

Ryan

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I get 32mpg on average for my 04 600, generally riding it pretty hard. If I understand right, the 06's have a dual injector setup. I think the 04 tests had the Kawi (ZX6RR) with dual injectors getting 5-6 MPG less than the single injector bikes. It should be interesting to see how the 06's do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got to 92 miles when the light started to flash. So i should have around one gallon left in there, so in a rough guess im looking at 92/3.4=27mpg for the first tank. Hope she gets better with more miles.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was on the highway just trying to break it in from Tallahassee to Sarasota and I was getting about 140 miles until the flashing light came on... which still means i had about a gallon... so 140/3.5 = 40 miles per gallon. I was not really beating on it. Just cruising between 85 - 100 mph.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
MPG is still pretty good.... BUT Miles Per TANK have gone down, as the tank is a it smaller.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Exe said:
did i get that correctly? when light goes on, you can see how much km's you still can drive?

cool :p
No, not right...

It tells you how far youve BEEN since the reserve light comes on..... because sometimes you may not see it for a few miles I guess. You will just have to know how far you can push it. Kinda backwards to me, but I guess it cant acurately guess miles left (my cougar did, but alas)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts