Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
GSX-R Flash said:

Ok now who was this dealer?????
Grove's Motorsports in Lansing (Mason), MI. I know the owner.......

He also own's Kensington Motorsports. Both are great dealerships. Even if you don't know anyone, they are more into moving as many units as they can, rather than trying to milk every penny out of customers.

Only people from Detroit will understand this:

Pilgrim Motorsports

·
Registered
153 Posts
LuckyStrike said:

I paid $9200 for the gix, plus $575 at SOS for tax, title, plate and all. I'll just say this, If you don't believe me, I couldn't care less.
Damn
, you beat me by $2.00........

·
Registered
583 Posts
WOW !

If anyone thinks I was talking specifically about them I guess they know something I don't or maybe they just need to take a pill and down a shot. I mentioned no names and I know I'm not the first person to doubt some of the ridiculous "quotes" by some people. To anyone that did post a receipt I say thank you and about time. I don't know why I had to be the first to do this but I guess someone had to. Bikes definitely sale for different prices based on location. In sunny Florida they get whatever they want because of the old "supply & demand". Demand is very high when you can ride all year long. If you got a better price than I did you should be happy. If you're looking for a price and want to "really" know what people are paying you FINALLY have some real info and not
so you can shop around and know what people really did pay.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently purchased a 03' Gixxer 1000 for $10,000 out the door. I did some searches on the net and found a website called www.cyclecost.com where you can pay $9.95 and find out the invoice price on just about any motorcycle, atv, sea doo, etc......Don't know if I'm allowed to post this info here or not. This is my second post. Sorry in advance if I'm not supposed to pass this info along. Doing the research I found the invoice was $8,863.00 Went in with $10,000 cash in one hand and copy of printed invoice in the other. Took owner of store a half hour to come around to my way of thinking but in the end he did. Dealer made $217.00 profit he showed me. He also received 3% Suzuki hold back he gets back once a year in September I think. That was an additional $267.00 profit he got on top of my $217.00 The guy next to me paid $11,200 out the door. I felt pretty good with myself. I know there are people that have done better but it was good enough for me.
Also got the extended warranty for $100 per year so I bought an additional four year warranty for $400.00.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought my '03 from the same dealership as Cos. I got mine for 13250 Canadian before tax no PDI or freight or documentation fees. I paid 250 more than Cos did because mine was a trade in and that was they best they could do given the amount they were giving me for my 929 on trade in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
9,799 OTD for 03 gsxr1000 (tax, title and registration included). Town and Country Motorsports in Chandler, Az. They price matched Champion Honda in Mesa, Az. Bought 5/19/03. They included a free trackday.
There should be some real deals out there as the '04's are almost here.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I bought my K3 for $8499 + something = $8559 out the door.

I still have to pay tax, title and license (damn $7.something percent tax) but it will still come in WAY less that the $10K out the door I was quoted here.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts