Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are tools needed to take the front rim off \'03 zuk1k

What direction can you guys point me in or simply tell me, how to take the front tire off. I have to take my forks in to be sealed and I want to take them off myself to reduce cost. First I need to know how to take the front tire off and what is that tool that goes in the middle of the tire? It fits in that hole in the center?

·
Premium Member
41,723 Posts
Re: what are tools needed to take the front rim off \'03 zuk1

What direction can you guys point me in or simply tell me, how to take the front tire off. I have to take my forks in to be sealed and I want to take them off myself to reduce cost. First I need to know how to take the front tire off and what is that tool that goes in the middle of the tire? It fits in that hole in the center?
Not sure of the size but go buy a bolt and use the head of it to put in the axle, buy 2 nuts to use to put your wrech on.

·
Registered
21 Posts

you can make yourself an axle remover with a bolt and a couple nuts... just loosen the clamp bolts on the right fork, remove the calipers, remove the axle... wheel comes off.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts

or you can go to your local tool store and buy a gm o2 sensor socket and turn it around. costs about $3.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

you can make yourself an axle remover with a bolt and a couple nuts... just loosen the clamp bolts on the right fork, remove the calipers, remove the axle... wheel comes off.
The bolt size I believe is a 5/8" Hex head. The 2 bolts on it might not work to take the thing off. I used a pipe wrench on the threads of the bolt (after I put on the 2 nuts). Tou will use the nuts witht the bolt when you re-install the axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts