·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
gloves that protect the wrist
boots that cover the ankle
2 or 1 peice suit....
tires must have some tread to pass tech
uhhhh

if this is ur 1st not much else....but once u get hardcore it can get expensive...

but damn it. its worth every penny

where in tx are u...?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Drain your coolant and replace w/ water and water wetter.
2 piece leathers need to zip up.
You don't necessarily have to take off your mirrors. You can tape them if you're lazy.
You can pull a fuse to turn off the headlight/highbeams.
Bring a chair and canopy if you have one.
Don't forget your key.
Have lots of fun.

·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
willworkforhead said:
Thanks guys!

I'm in Cleburne texas. Just south of fort worth

ur right there next to msr cresson....

that track is sick dude....new part is f'n bad ass....old part is a lil slick in the morning but still fun....take it easy cuz thats not the best track for beginers...

i wuz just there this past weekend...

me and my friends will be out at msr houston on sat and tws on the 11th. if u make it, stop by and say sup....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TWISTED METAL said:
ur right there next to msr cresson....

that track is sick dude....new part is f'n bad ass....old part is a lil slick in the morning but still fun....take it easy cuz thats not the best track for beginers...

i wuz just there this past weekend...

me and my friends will be out at msr houston on sat and tws on the 11th. if u make it, stop by and say sup....
I probably wont be actually getting out on the track this year. I have to get the bike paid off first before I take it out. But I would like to come check it out. Next you guys are heading up this way shot me a PM and I'll ride up and watch. Its only about 20 mins from here. I drive by it all the time taking the back way to fort worth.

·
Registered
663 Posts
new750 said:
how much do track days cost.
In CA, it'll depend on the organization and the location.

You can do a single day for as low as $125 and it can go up to $670 for a Kieth Code Superbike school using their 636's.

Some orgs. have a beginner track day w/ more instruction and tips. Those go for $75 but are usually held midweek.

Feel free to ask a control rider for tips and advice. Most are more than happy to ride w/ you and give you some feedback.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Motorcycle Requirements for all levels:
no fluids leaking
lots of life on brake pads
tires with 80%+ tread (depending on the group you ride with this can vary)
straight wheels
disable headlight and tail light
nothing loose on the bike
Take off mirrors (don't be lazy)
Tape off lights
Tape wheel weights
Leather gauntlet gloves
Over the ankle boots
Full face helmet with no damage
Leathers (check with the track day organization - most permit two-piece as long as the zip together

highly recommended (and required by some organizations):
back protector

Misc:
gas jug (you are not going to be getting 30 mpg out there!)
basic tools (chain adjustment, loose bolts) - if you don't have tools and you plan to do track days, get some and learn to use them. If you are not going to be a regular have someone help you at the track that has tools.
cooler with lots of fluid
potassium (bananas)
sodium (salt and vinegar chips do the job)
chairs

Check with the organization that you are riding with - unless you are running in the advanced group you should not need:
water in the radiator
safety wire

before you get on the track (the morning of) ask what pressure you should run in your tires (hot and cold) and set them using a good gauge (and no you probably should not have 38PSI in your tires). some people are cold-only pressure folks which is fine - just make sure you set it well.
if someone can check your suspension for rebound/compression that is always nice. lastly if you are getting started don't F with the bike all day - if it runs go out and learn on it!
Most important of all:
leave any ego at home - if you have never ridden on the track you have no idea how fast people go. be open to suggestions and ask lots of questions.

Going slow to go fast is true!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Tracks are different across the country. Jennings GP in Jennings, Fl has at least two open track weekends a month and they do not require a tech inspection or draining of anti-freeze. Some tracks require the riders to have a race liscense and some do not. The best thing to do for any situation is check with the track you want to ride at and check with the people hosting the track day. That way you know exactly what they want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.