Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Im tuning my 2017 gsxr 1000r and confused on what afr to tune on 12.8 or 13
Knowing that i have garbage fuel here where i live almost 89 octane AKI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Street tune or Dyno tune? Ignition is high on these bikes on 89 maybe 13.2 on dyno and 13 on street.
I thought somewhere near 12.8 is more safe and good power. And why is dyno leaner than street what i know is it should be richer than street as on the street the air ram makes it leaner than dyno tuned

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought somewhere near 12.8 is more safe and good power. And why is dyno leaner than street what i know is it should be richer than street as on the street the air ram makes it leaner than dyno tuned

More fuel is always safer 12.8 is leaner than 13 ECT. Yes, ram air is partly why also the cooling system is more efficient at speed. To make the power it's ignition advance, you have to have enough fuel to support that advance. With these bikes it's max out if you add anymore they lose power. So tuning slightly richer is safer and you don't make any more power by going leaner just more stress and heat on the motor. Also depending on whether the stock ECU does do some adjustments but if your run 12.8 on the street at 90 degrees, it will be leaner when the weather is 50 degrees. It's harmony and balance, good power as much reliability as possible. Also what happens if you get bad gas you have a less margin of safety in your tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts