Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a whole new exhaust from d+d and put it on this weekend. i had taken all my body pieces to get painted, so i dont have a gas tank. well, i got bored so i strapped a gas can to the frame and went for a ride.. sounds great. also i ordered k+n jet kit,is that a pain to put on? i'll steal my buddies camera and try to post some pics sometime soon. any other performance mod ideas?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just did mine in the fall, D&D with a K&N kit. No real trickery involved in installing the kit, just read the directions a couple of times before you even touch the bike. Also, my kit had two drill bits, be careful you don't use the wrong one on the wrong part. I believe the smaller one is for the air bleeds in the sliders and the larger one is for removing the plugs that block the mixture screws. I can tell you one last thing, I put the Stage 3 with 4 K&N filters in mine and it is a little rich down low, I am going to drop the needles a notch (raise the clips) to lean it out next time the tank is off. Another great mod is to go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket.

Good Luck

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts