Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
nice - great that the weathers here for a proper blast now.

three of us did the plymouth to Torquay back roads yesterday ( runs through yealmpton / modbury / totness ) its a great route because buy and large you never see any pigs on it and its nice and twisty without being to dangerous - you just need to watch out for odd patch of cowshit and mud on the roads and the odd 20mph sunday driver on the other side of blind bends.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were a few piggies yesterday but I didn't see anyone get hauled over, even when the supermoto's were draggin their boots round the rounderbouts!

I am going down to see my grandparents next month in Bovey Tracey, then riding down to Painton to see some friends.
I can't wait actually because where my Grandpa lives, it is near Becky Falls etc so I can go to all the places I used to go when I was little, I love the West Country!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I have heard that the area around boxhill is pretty heavily policed, never been there myself mind.

...and yeh, the west country isnt half bad when the suns out

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
julia1 said:
To Boxhill and Bury found some fantastic twistys, I am not as quick as i thought I was though
The A24 + A21 and the little b roads were good fun.
http://www.gixxer.com/ubbthreads/showfla...;o=&fpart=1
Excuse my ignorance but where and what exactly is Boxhill?
As far as your comment goes about "I am not as quick as I thought I was though" that's not necessarily a bad thing, perhaps it's my age showing but in my opinion it's not that important and it's what has kept me alive. Too many people are dying on their bikes because they want to be faster. I always say "Stay within your limitations and if your mates leave you behind that's their problem."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts