Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way home about a week ago I had checked tire pressure oil breaks clutch everything and I had went 20 miles in town and was on my way back I was on my 86 Gixxer 750 I came around the corner on my street with my husband in his truck behind me he said he saw the bolt from my front break caliper come loose and come out caliper swung into my rim locked it up and down I went! slid across the road burning holes in my jacket from sliding on the asphalt tumbled a few times but stayed loose as my husband always suggested if it was to happen over all it was better then it could have been had all my gear on carbon fiber knuckles ground down and new helmet scraped up he says bikes trashed but I just can't accept that! had just got everything up to par running good and Crash Bam Skid all done! any words or suggestions or just to chat please I am open to anything! thanks...

·
Registered
794 Posts
That sucks.
Just be glad your ok.
Could have been waaay worse, if it happend on the freeway at 60 mph.
Your still breathing to ride another day, so thank God for that.

Good luck.

·
Banned
2,865 Posts
just be glad its an accident you can walk away from..Dang and your husband was following you that must of been hard for him to see. Must of been going nuts getting out that truck rushing over to you.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
bikes can be replaced U can't
look at it this way........owning a bike chances are ur gonna come off at some point...........now u have the odds of u coming off any time soon have been greatly reduced (fingers crossed eh)

i feel 4 ur husband to watching u slide accross the tarmac
my brother and i were riding together on some dirt road he lost control and the bke started tankslapping and spat him off..............could'nt stop quickly enough to get to him...........i felt his pain..........wanted to be able to just catch him but that wud have been comic hero stuff :lol

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
he said he saw the bolt from my front break caliper come loose and come out caliper swung into my rim locked it up and down I went! ... had just got everything up to par running good and Crash Bam Skid all done!
Apparently the brakes were not apart of that up to par statement.

Who worked on the brakes? You walked away that's the important thing
Not trying to be a jerk, and glad you walked away. I always give the bike a thorough going over before each ride. No I don't torque everything each time, but I do physically check that critical components can not be turned by hand. Like I said I am glad that you are ok, everything else can be replaced.
Hey maybe you can make a track bike out of it.

Goodluck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had the bike about 8 months to me its a sick classic but it vibrates all the hardware loose it was hard for my husband but he was out and scooped me up bout the time I stopped rolling I had checked the ride before the calipers and they could not be turned by hand I didn't think with the last ride it would have changed but I was wrong I am a new rider my husband on the other hand ha been on pavement for 20 years he taught me everything I know but I am stubborn and impatient and just need to learn if I want to ride and stay safe I need to really take some time and put some love into that bike his TL1000R is bumped up to about 1400cc and has 21000$ in it so I got a pretty long ways to get to his level but I will from now on be smarter and take my time so I keep my skin thanks guys and yes I know stupid move on my part but thanks for keeping it nicely put I appreciate ur input

·
Managing MotoJoe
71,515 Posts
any guys being in here that are NOT BEING HELPFUL - get out, this is the girls forum & smartassness is not appreciated period.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned chica. Take that lesson & move forward - see if you can salvage the bike, etc If you can rebuild & ride again . . . if not, try to part it out for some money towards a new ride :)

·
I’m a SEX addict and proud of it!
9,990 Posts
damn that fucken sucks.... so is ur husband the one who worked on ur breaks? Glad u had ur gear on, and ur okay. :cheers..

see above
sorry.. just thought this was funny.. :spit :spit :dunno

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
damn that fucken sucks.... so is ur husband the one who worked on ur breaks? Glad u had ur gear on, and ur okay. :cheers..

sorry.. just thought this was funny.. :spit :spit :dunno

wow, thanks, atleast someone got my tad bit of humor....
1) didnt notice it was in the girls section, just saw it on active topics, didnt mean to trespass.
2) im sorry you went down and am glad you are ok. just as i was reading the post, i couldnt help but notice how desperately that short story needed some punctuation, which led to my "smartassness" comment.
3) i apologize
4) i realize that i failed to use proper capitalization and also missed a few apostrophies. im sorry for that as well.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Good . . . know your role biotch :biggrin :lol :p
yes:biggrin b/c I :nono which made me :hammer and you :chucks to me which make me :eek:hmy then :sleep then :biggrin

:wtf

:dunno

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Usually my grammar is very well, I was just in a hurry. No, my husband wasn't my mechanic... I was. With his guidance I work on my own bike, and I like it that way. I prefer it that way, so if anything does happen out somewhere or something I am semi prepared. Most Male riders laugh but give me a minute, I will know that bike top to bottom! The fall was my fault, I knew the hardware had potential to vibrate loose and I did not check before this ride. My mistake, won't happen again. I know now this bike is just going to take more patients than I thought... its cool, its snowing anyway! So thanks for the comments... even the smart ass ones, I take it all into consideration.

·
Registered
86 Posts
any guys being in here that are NOT BEING HELPFUL - get out, this is the girls forum & smartassness is not appreciated period.

Chalk it up to a lesson learned chica. Take that lesson & move forward - see if you can salvage the bike, etc If you can rebuild & ride again . . . if not, try to part it out for some money towards a new ride :)
+1
Collect the insurance check and part that sucker out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts