Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I went -1 in the front and I really like it. But here is the problem. I got 169 rwhp and 2 guys that are 150 and 160lbs still pull on me. All three of us did a roll on a few times in 2nd and we all hit pulling dead even till I had to change gears before them. THey still have stock sprocket on their bikes. So they even suggested I go back to stock. Now I am thinking if I go back to stock they will pull on me because of the gearing. What should I do? Stay -1 or go back to stock?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Try somewhere in the middle. Stock front sprocket and +1 or +2 on the back? And tuck in :).

Cheers
MP

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try somewhere in the middle. Stock front sprocket and +1 or +2 on the back? And tuck in :).

Cheers
MP
If you go +2 on the back isn't that the same as -1 on the front?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Cardio & dieting--Weight kills horsepower.........Bing/Purge=Kickin Ass on your buddies.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
i would keep the sprockets if you are looking for quick acceleration, and focus on dropping weight if you want to beat these guys.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,058 Posts
Re: Went -1 front now thinking of going back to stock sprock

yeah...it's actually like this. When you go down 1 in the front it's like going up 2.7 in the rear. Most people, myself included just round that 2.7 to 3. Like saying down one up front is equal to up three in the rear. But the true figure is 2.7. So with this in mind when you guys go down a tooth on the front sprocket it's actually like your adding 3 teeth to the back. Not 2.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

stock gearing 17/42....ratio= 2.471
-1 in front 16/42..........ratio= 2.625
+2 in back 17/44.........ratio= 2.588

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Who told you it makes 169 hp?
Lee's Performance
and
Marietta Motorsports

Are you jealous that yours does not? LOL

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

relax, no one said you knew nothing.......
and as for "hitting it right on the money"....save that shit

he didnt ask if going down one in front was ALMOST the same as going up 2 out back....
if he did, i would have replied, "yes, its almost the same thing"

·
Banned
2,254 Posts

What ever you say man
When ever people give input to a question or a topic you always got someone to come off the wrong way and make people seem like they don't know shit. Everybody is a mechanic right....

Just drop the shit... your right I'm wrong done

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dudes... I ear and read lot of opinions about sprockets... no one has a mountain bike.... it's the same on motorcycles.. not same if you drop 1 on front not equal to add 2.7 or 3 on back.. think... the bike rev diferent ways if you -1 on front or add 3... not even close... if anybody can ride a mountain bike can make it for himsef and figure out... good luck..

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
ALSO - dont forget - adding tetth to the rear, and using your stock chain, will allow you to shorten your wheelbase by about an inch for 3 teeth !!!
This makes the bike turn faster, wobble at higher speed, and wheelie a lot fuggin easier..you have been warned !
S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts