Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1989 special edition don't know what that means but it is decked with vance and hines pipe race pipe loud and it is mint clean looks like it came outta a crate.
It is a sweet bike 750 and soon to be mine hope saturday is a good day for a ride

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
In 89 they made a special (limited) GSXR750. sold only in Canada (you guys suck) it was different from the "Regular" model in that they switched back to the long stroke (88-89 750's were short stroke), they also had KYB USD's (a year earlier than the rest) and a Solo tail along with a optional Dry Clutch. there were a few other differences as well. If you have come across one you are pertty lucky. I would love to find one with the dry clutch to keep as a clean stocker.
Bones

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
congrats on the newish bike....now,
an RR it sounds like you are getting a fucking RR
(south park voice) "You Bastard"
if you are getting an RR congradulations and do you want to sell it to me? I would drive up to Canada for that

-Karl

G

·
0 Posts
How much did you have to pay for it? Damn I would love to have that bike!!
I would even consider trading mine for it!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
where are the pics?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That bike would match my 86 limited, you should sell it to me so I will have a pair

Thats a nice bike, you are one lucky SOB. Have fun and post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Didn't the RR also come with 40mm CV's and an aluminum tank as well?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
no 40mm flat slides and an aluminum tank

comon, you know you want to sell to me

-Karl

·
Registered
418 Posts
DUDE, those things are really rare...If it is the RR model, and in good shape you found a gem...most were raced(and trashed!)

I spoke to a guy at Daytona this year that had one. He put a Ohlins front end, carbon(!YEAH,CARBON!) front brake rotors, brembos,etc..very trick...He said that Miguel Duhamel raced it in "the day", but luckily it was in pretty good shape. Anyway they came from the factory with fiberglass bodywork, aluminum tank and such...

Enjoy your new bike, and of course, we want pics!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i need to build a damn web site so i have my pictures available? I have them some have seen the bike will be getting them up shortly

·
Registered
308 Posts
my mates dad has got a RR.
Hes had it a year and only ridden it once.
Its like fucking new.

i keep nagging him to swap it for mine but for some reason he aint havin' any!!!

ill post some pics if i can get some

1 - 13 of 13 Posts