now...
now...
now...
now...
now...
now...
now...
Lazy old bastids.
More like old...tired and very sore old people.

Pics and full report later....have to resize the good pics. The gf took 239 pics with the new cam so I have a lot of work to do.

Stay tuned......

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
i dont have any pics yet but should have some and some video. kelly did say she accidentally erased the best video she got, of me passing like 5 bikes in one lap.

anyways, i missed first practice sat morning due to registration and tech, Gosh registration has to open earlier to make first practice. either that or ppl in first practice should be able to get to the front of the post-entry line. (I know, insert "you shoulda pre-registered" line here)

second practice, i had to remember how to ride the thing and was slow, but not as much as some of the freakin yellow platers out there! (lighteweight practice nov and ex) my goodness there was traffic everywhere! one dude ran wide in the carousel, almost going off the track, then cut all the way over the track right in front of me, going way wide on the left hander out of the carousel, went just off the track and kicked up dirt and rocks everywhere, lucky I shot on by.

rest of saturday the only race i had was to race myself to the cooler for a beer. NJ had two solo's and he did OK, dunno where he finished but he finished ahead of Justin! We were up preett late saturday night hangin out by the fire, it got pretty damn cold both nights we were there. and moron me forgot the heater for the trailer!! oh well wasnt too bad

sunday morning got up and went out for practice and only got a lap and a half - went bombing down the front straight, started braking to feel i had nothing in the clutch lever. the center nut on the adjustment on the clutch hub came off AGAIN. same thing that happened at the ROC, plates werent fried - this was a brand new nut so I'm luke WTF. i pulled off outside of turn 1 and got a ride back to the pits in the truck. fixed that, second practice they let us run loooooong since ther was so much time, i mustve got 10-12 laps. did ok, still seriously slow.

i had races 4, 9, 10, and 14. there was a bad crash in race 2 and the chopper had to come get this guy, two guys got tangled up in the carousel and both went into the tire wall. hello, where's the AIR FENCE ???? well, there was major delay -

got out for race 4,,,, V7 mediumweight. Got a terrible start but took everyone on the brakes into turn 1. Never looked back, no one came by me except a Mille which was from HWT SS so not in class. Course he bombed by me on the straight but I took him on the brakes later anyways. well i get around on my 5th lap and came up on a ducati in the carousel, was holding me up and I got greedy. i went to get around him on the outside of turn 10 and he kept drifting left to set up for the turn, I was hauling ass and had no where to go but grass. dirt tracked a Looooong way, hit a big ditch/rock/something, saw the tire wall getting closer and closer, so i ditched it. popped right up, MAD AS HELL
i was a country mile ahead of 2nd place. and I shouldve just hung back, and passed the Duc on the front straight. so it was totally my fault being greedy and trying to make a pass I didnt have to make. bike was fine, pickid it up and it looked ready to race but there was only like 2 laps left and figured the guys would have come by me anyways, so i just sat it out
only thing broke was a small fairing mount, thats ok i have about 8 of those things. windscreen shattered but duct tape fixed that. went to get re-teched - Terrance noticed my front wheel had a big dent in the lip!!! DOH.... swapped my slick onto spare wheel and Brembo rotors and due to another big red flag where they said the chopper was called but then called off, had plenty of time to get ready for races 9 and 10 back to back. because of all the red flags the races were pulled back to 6 laps each from 8

i was so pissed, the crash was so stupid and totally my fault, just wish the Duc guy gave me another 1 ft of space i couldve hung thru 10 - oh well thats racin.

got out in race 9, Formula 2, got another terrible start - so a lot of novice guys behind me came by on the start then i was forced to get around them. had a great battle with a 125 guy, and some SV's. Didnt run great, finished 8th i believe. was getting a little tired, and had another race right after that so i skipped the warmup lap and gridded up.

yet another horrible start for HWT SB, so a bunch of novice SV's and 1000 twins came by on the start. so slow in turn 1 so the group of expert HWT SB got way out ahead. another dice game with the same 125 guy, man he spooked me sometimes though - came by me on the outside of the carousel and turn 10 a few times, and on the inside of turn 1 which looked like he was carrying much ocorner speed. we had a great battle even though it was for like 7th place or something. anyways i beat him out by a few bike lengths to the line. Novice durobb dixon #55 SV was blowing crazy smoke on every downshift and when he got back on the gas..... did not want to follow him it was stupid. at post tech he had oil all over the frame ! i better not see that junk at VIR,,,,, else i'll squeal b/c it looks like that motor is going to barf at any moment, and I dont want to be near that shit!

so last race V7 heavyweight, only 4 ppl gridded up for that (old ZX6, Duc 916, and a PN noob) it was a one wave start we were behind B SB ex...... terrible to have one wave as we were into a big group of 750/1000 immediately. the Kawi got ahead into turn 1 and me and the Ducati got stuck behind a dude on a 750 who parked it, carried no corner speed, but had crazy motor and would drive me out every time. Me and the Ducati diced for a few laps it was great, we were all over each other -- he would motor me on the straights but i'd catch up on brakes and in the corners. I came up almost all the way by him on the outside of 10 and he was like "where the fuck did that come from hahahaha" - the Kawi just kept getting further away as he had no traffic to deal with. the race was a LOT OF FUN which was good because I was tired as hell, and not in a great mood before the race. hell i nearly fell asleep because of all the red flags and such. anyways, i got by the Duc on the brakes in 5 and held up pretty well, FINALLY with 2 laps to go I got by the 750 on the brakes into 5 also, man I stuffed the shit out of him which felt really good because he was racing all by himself and us two V7 guys were held up majorly by him, only running like 25's or something. man i love the chute of turn 4 i always take people on the outside there and set up the stuff on the brakes into 5. anyways the 750 guy held up the Ducati long enough for me to pull a gap and hold it for the last 2 laps to the stripe
so i finished 2nd

nothing like beating a Ducati 916 on a little smoker
Aaron is a buddy of mine so we loved dicing it was great. V7 is a fun class too bad the grids were small I figured as much with the WERA Barber event going on.

overall fun weekend great to be back racing but crashin sucks, especiallly when you give away a race win.

new paint

first race of the year crash, two years in a row

hopefully like last year i wont crash again all year long (knock on wood)

NJ didnt crash, neither did Justin. Danny crashed on the start of one race (not loop but wheelie went wrong lost the front) then also dumped it in turn 1 ! so two biffs for him, he was looking good made a lot of positions in the solo before the turn 1 incident.

ugggh, my ankle and thumb hurt
need drugs

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Hope this works.....

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
ever heard of ZOOM... ??!! damn
All of the pics are like 9.00m's and when I resize them thats what I get.

nj

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
They dident have airfence set up?

thats clearly stupid. Team Pro-Motion give race orginzations the free use of Air Fence at any race at summit they should have used it.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Try a crop instead of a resize.

Good report JP.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Try a crop instead of a resize.

Good report JP.
I did and still get a tiny pic.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
email me the damn picture already
Hold onto your skirt.....BIG file on da way.

Lets see if this works:

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
email me the damn picture already
Hold onto your skirt.....BIG file on da way.

Lets see if this works:

Warm up lap???
have fun in da rain and da cold dis weekend.

Sat
Apr 23 Few Showers 58°/31° 30 %

Sun
Apr 24 Showers 55°/32° 30 %

Sounds like great racing weather.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts