Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see you're not seriously hurt....we won't go on and on about what cold have happened or what should have been done, I'm sure you don't need the brow beating......and I'm sure you learned an important lesson.

Yellow tail sections are on Ebay all day long......white ones on the other hand, grrrrrr.

I'd say what you can't fix can be found on Ebay easily.

How bad is your camera? That's one of my fears when recording, having the camera fly off.....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Damn bro im realy sorry to hear that.... You're bike was so nice. But atleast you are ok.

What is that big thing covering you're gas tank? never seen that before.

DId you have full coverage?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Once again my Brotha Bee......... sorry about your bike!! She'll be just as pretty as before with a little love. You have the talent to get her back to the beauty queen that she was. Glad you were not hurt bad. Thank God bro! I was nice to shoot the shit with ya on the phone, but I wish the circumstances were different. You need anything from me, just let me know! ANYTHING!!! I'll get the package out in the mail ASAP Monday!!!

Take care man.........
Let me know if you need anything!! Really man! ANYTHING!!

Rob

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your mishap, but really glad you're OK. You'll be a little sore, but it'll pass.

PS: I like how you called that Lexus SUV a minivan hehe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Roy, I gasped when I saw the post. The last thing I wanted was another friend going down. Riding lately has been difficult as it is without losing another friend. I'm glad you're alright. I'll bet your glad you had your gear on too. Many don't stop to think that what turned out to be minor injuries today could have been much worse or even fatal without proper gear.

PTL your alright to ride again..

Kevin

·
Registered
684 Posts
Here is the vid...you can see from the vid...my dumb ass didnt pay attention to the sign..other wise I wouldnt be fixing my bike right now. Also, you can see that you dont see the turn until the last second..but IF I would have watched the signs...this wouldnt have happened.

In this pic, I think my slider nailed this guys quarter panel, explaining why it bent.

And now the vid...The more I watch this...the sicker I get.

crash

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Damn, I hate to see that.

And I am not one for cop bashing, but that cop was a dick.

I have been in a few car wrecks (some mine, and some the other guys) and EVERY TIME the cops have not written anyone tickets, as having to fix the other dudes shit on your insurance is usually enough of a punishment. But we are sportbike riders and they like to fuck us

Glad you are OK though man........ the bike doesnt matter

·
Registered
684 Posts
Damn bro im realy sorry to hear that.... You're bike was so nice. But atleast you are ok.

What is that big thing covering you're gas tank? never seen that before.
That is my cam mount. The cam mount itself is fine, but the camera got the bottom ripped off, so it wont be used anymore for a motorcycle. It still works though, and the only reason is, it got flung up under the windscreen, and got stuck. If it would have went flying, that might have been another story.
DId you have full coverage?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey Roy, I gasped when I saw the post. The last thing I wanted was another friend going down. Riding lately has been difficult as it is without losing another friend. I'm glad you're alright. I'll bet your glad you had your gear on too. Many don't stop to think that what turned out to be minor injuries today could have been much worse or even fatal without proper gear.

PTL your alright to ride again..

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I knew you would be supportive. Your right about gear. Luckily Amethi woke my ass up and I realized that jeans wont help in a crash on asphalt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to see you're ok Bee!

Watching that video makes me realize how fast those things happen and that you can never trust people to use their flashers...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow, that video is unreal.... I am really happy you are o.k. I can definetly see what you are saying about the road going straight and not seeing the turn. I bet your buddy didnt see it either since he just barely made it through before the guy turned. It could have been much worse, but like I said I am just happy you are o.k.

You can always get another bike, you on the other hand cannot be replaced
You'll be back up and running in no time

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to hear you walked away !
I know you take a lot of pride in your bike !
She will come back stronger and so will your pride, keep
the chin up and thank the lord your still walking.
You will have that baby back on the road in no time, keep us posted you have a lot of support " big time" here on GDC.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Wow....i'm so sorry to hear about ur bike man! She was a beauty! It's just great that you are ok and not badly hurt. Your bike will be fixed in time im sure..."we have the technology, we can rebuild her!"

·
Banned
952 Posts
i noticed the van didnt use any turn signals. not that it matters legally- considering you were passing on a double yellow stripe-but had the ass used his blinker, you probably wouldnt have tried to pass.

in any case, im glad youre okay, and theres nothing wrong with your bike that cant be fixed. youre lucky.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.