Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I became a \'who\'s been down rider\' today.

Yeap. I went down today.
It was all my fault that I went down. I went in little hot, but manageable until I saw sand on the road. Ain't target fixation a BITCH.

Once I saw that sand I was done for. It just happened so fast and I couldn't get my eyes off the damn sand. Luckly I ditched the bike into grass on the side and came out with only cosmetic damage to my bike and I'm little brused up. Good thing I always wear my gears.
If it wasn't for gears I'll be hurting from road rash like hell.
My right side fairing took most of damage and slider did it's job. It took me almost 2 hours to start my bike. First I thought it was tip over sensor so I disconnected battery for 10 mins in attempt to reset the sensor and that didn't work.
Later on a motorist came by and offered help, and it turns out that her boyfriend owns a sport bike repair shop. How lucky can I get.
She gave me her boyfriend's cellphone number and this guy Jack walk me through to trouble shoot my bike.
for Kathy and Jack from Blackjack cycles out in Long Isand N.Y.
Oh I have to thank this other guy on CBR that pulled over to check up on me too. Right after I got my bike started, dude on CBR pulled over and we just chatted little and went each other's way. I'll tell you one thing, there were ton of Cruisers and Harley that passed by and not one stopped to see if I'm okay.
Anyway, I'm home safe and now I'll have to fix up my baby when I have time.
My fan is not turning on. Any idea why?
I had to stop every mile or so to cool down my bike

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: Well, I became a \'who\'s been down rider\' today.

Glad to hear you're ok, minus a few scraps and bruises

As for the fan... does it spin freely? If so, I'd check the wires to the fan and from the temp sensor. One of them could have snapped.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Too bad for the mishap, but good to hear it's not too serious and your alright. Sand is a bitch for sure. I've had to use my old dirt tracking skills a time or two.

·
Registered
505 Posts

Sand is a bitch, I hate the damn desert!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts

As raider said, welcome to the club! Glad to hear your ok! I just went down 3 weeks ago, unfamiliar road and carrying to much speed into the twistie! took me about a week to be able to sneeze without pain but my lid definately saved my brain from bein mush! good luck with the fix!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Yup........ Welcome aboard the wrecking crew 2005! Glad that you are alright. It does happen so fast...... The bike can be fixed, so all will be well within time.

·
Registered
155 Posts

I'll tell you one thing, there were ton of Cruisers and Harley that passed by and not one stopped to see if I'm okay.
Fucking pricks, poseurs, that's what most of them are.

Glad to hear you are doing ok though, I feel sorry for your bike
post some pics?

·
Registered
906 Posts

They probably couldn't stop cuz their bikes won't want to get going again.....pricks. Glad you're ok, you'll fix up the bike and be good as new soon! What sliders do you have?

·
Registered
684 Posts

Damn knocker, I know how you feel, I was only going about 35 mph, when I noticed the sand taking up the whole turn except for about 8 inches from the double yellow lines. I was already leaning, and I knew, I was going off the road, I kept my eye on the sand the whole time cause I knew I was going that way regardless, or lowsiding off the curve, and that wasnt my first option. So I just tried to keep the balance while I was riding off the road, and into the soft sand until I could stop. Luckily I wasnt going that fast, and there wasnt a tree where I ended up at.

You'll appreciate your bike more after you get it back up. You both shared an experience together, and you will both come out of it.

I'm scared to ride some of the usual roads I take cause of the friggin dogs I see all the time. Damn people need their ass's kicked who let thier dogs chase cars and shit.

At least your ok, and in one piece, and you had your gear on. Your experience has just gone up a notch

·
Registered
63 Posts

glad to hear you are ok!

something besides the fan is wrong if it overheats while moving like that. the fan doesnt even kick on unti 220, which should only be while you are stopped in traffic or at a light.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks for all the support guys.
Here's quick run down on damage I can see so far.
I need right side fairing, but I'm gonna try to be Beesting first.
I'll need new wind screen, front turn signals, front cowling brace. I might also need left side rear set. It's not broken, but it's bent out of shape. I'll see if it can be bent back into place and if not, well time for new rear set. There also a slight damage on upper right side radiator. I guess the impact squashed this corner of radiator little and I'm hoping I don't have to replace my radiator.
Considering all the cosmetic damage and me being well, I think I got really lucky. I might find few more things as I start taking my bike apart. I'm not a mechanic or anything, but since I'm little of a handyman I'm gonna get a crack at this.

Beesting and GSXR_ROB, I know you guys will be laughing so

BTW, someone asked me what kind of slider i had. I have Puig.

·
Registered
528 Posts

Yup........ Welcome aboard the wrecking crew 2005! Glad that you are alright. It does happen so fast...... The bike can be fixed, so all will be well within time.
Well, I didn't even realize that we had named this year's crash test survivors group
. I just got my 60 stitches out last Tuesday from my guard rail/ bus incident
. Crashing sux for sure
. Hang in there man, you'll be more sore the second day
. Glad your O.K.
It's been 3 weeks for me tomorrow and my bike is already back together and better than ever
. Just jump on Ebay and start looking for used parts in good shape.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts