Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
what up Corey
Not much man. I recently sold my bike after not having enough time to ride. I've still been super busy with work and just couldn't stand paying for the bike while letting it collect dust. I sold it with 1703 miles on the clock. :( Not one of those miles was used to commute. When things slow down at work, I'll try to pickup a used k6 or maybe a used 636 (GASP!!!).

I still come through and check the forum and make sure nothing needs to be updated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good Stuff...I like what I see

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought a new 750... any advice on stock vs. upgraded pipe?:)
New pipe will save a lot of weight, matters if your getting a full system or just a slip on. The slip on will not give you much more power, but a full system should give you 5+ hp.

Also sound will be better depending on which pipe you get.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I already did a search on the HID setup but there was so many threads about HIDs, i am trying to find a good write up on how to install it and is there any modifications needed on a 07 Gixxer. I am new to bikes and i have installed a few on cars & trucks before. Anything different than a car? Also, some cars require a relay to be ran since the voltage on the headlight wire might not be strong enough to trigger the ballist to fire up.

I find this thread to be great for noobs like me, maybe you guys can add a link for a HID modification

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
What can I expect and will it make a differance if I put the 520 conversion kit on my 07 GSXR600? Do I have to change my chain too?

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
255 Posts
I recently acquired a full front brake system from a 06 R1 and decided to create a How-to. This is a straight forward conversion but if you don't trust yourself then don't do this conversion without someone who knows what he or she is doing. I am not held reliable for any damages or death from this how-to conversion. Use at your own risk.

Parts required

04-06 R1 Master Brake cyl, with lever
04-06 R1 oem rubber lines unless you are going aftermarket lines
04-06 R1 right and left calipers
04-06 R1 brake pads set
9/16 locking washer from OSH hardware

R1 06 Full Front Brake System.

First Remove the brake lever, master brake cyl and brake fluid container. Then remove the two wires attached to the brake switch.

Second Remove The bracket securing the upper brake half of the brake line. The 8mm bolt is right below the line.

Third Unclip the line from its securing bracket on the right caliper.

Forth Unclip the bridge brake line on the wheel fender itself. I wasnt able to take a picture of it the clip. Take your time in taking the clip out. It was hard for me to remove but I took my time.

Fifth remove right caliper and left caliper. Slide the calipers away from the disk.

Reverse steps

Sixth slowly route the master brake cyl and fluid container down the handle bars.

Seventh slowly route the R1 master brake cyl and fluid container up to the handle bars. Attached both of the brake light wires into the switch of the new master brake cyl. Mount both items and adjust brake lever. Notice the factory piece is from brembo.

Eighth notice there are dowel pins on each of the factory mounting points on the forks. Take a pair of pilers and remove them. The dowel pins wiggle out with a small amount of force.

Ninth notice on each of the R1 caliper there is a dowel on each mounting point, leave those alone. Here's where the 9/16 locking washer comes in. Place a washer on each of the dowels and mount the caliper. These washers center the pads correctly on the brake rotors. Mount each caliper and torque down to 28lbs according to the suzuki service manual.

Tenth on the right side there is a brake line holder, reuse for the new lines.

11th reuse the upper line mounting bracket to secure the the upper line.

12th Make sure everything is mounted correctly. Make sure none of the lines are getting crimped. Bleed the new system. Test the brake light. Congrats! You are all done. Go for a test ride and slowly brake in the new pads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how about type of oil change maintenance;
oil change intervals, type of oils to use & not to use.

...found this:

stick with regular suzuki oil until the bike is good and broke in. usually it's a good idea to change your oil at about 500, 1000, 1500 with regular oil.

then when you hit 3000 miles put in a quality synthetic. what you are looking for in a synthetic oil is going to be a MOTORCYCLE specific synthetic oil. it will not have the ingredients that is bad for your clutch that a car synthetic will have.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts