Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 03 I've started getting a squealing noise, on occasion, from the front of the bike. I get the noise at about 3000 to 4000 rpm under normal acceleration or deceleration. Seems to be pretty consistant at those rpms the longer I ride. The squealing is fairly high pitched and sounds like its comming from the lower front of the bike. It lasts about one second. I also think it has an effect on the speedometer because the readout jumps around during the noise. The bike is stock except for the TRE. Thanks.

·
Registered
919 Posts
very stange... how many miles you got? i started having a 'whining' noise in first at about 10,000 miles, which turned out to be the clutch basket wearing agains the friction plates (i put a barnett race clutch in at about 7000 miles). does the noise go away when u pull in the clutch?
this wouldnt explain the speedo jumping thought... strange

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently started having the exact same problem with my bike and I've been looking for something to give me answers and i find this post and no one has responded to how to fix it and it's ten years later! Someone help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts