Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having a weird issue my 03 600 it will die if you get on it past 9-10 rpm and then let of the throttle to slow down. also if you just crack the throttle whit the clutch pulled in it does the same thing. it will pull strong through the rpm range and then on the way back down it dies.

i was wondering if anyone knows what the problem is or could give me any advice
thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one has any ideas,
i have seen some stuff about the TPS but i don't know how to check it could someone help me out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've heard something similar, it could be your fuel filter?

But i really don't know what the fuck i'm talking about. Just trying to help since no one else could.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
rngr... you've just displayed a level of honestly rarely seen on these forums

bones - my first guess, based on the bike dying as you let off the throttle, would be that the bike may be running extremely lean to begin with. That could be due to any number of reasons. But the part about dying when you crack the throttle open with the clutch pulled in has me confused. could you elaborate more on that?

also... do you have any problems starting the bike for the first time after it's been sitting for a while? does the bike hesitate or 'flatten out' anywhere in the powerband that it didn't use to before? are there any differences in the way the bike runs (or is this problem worse) when the bike's warm as opposed to cold? has this problem always been present, or did it just come on. If so - is there anything you can think of that could have precipitated it?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes lean angle, it does have flat spots like it doesn't want to keep a constant speed ever and it is kinda hard to start.
i tested it again and if you really get on it then let of the throttle it will be alright but if you get on it and then pull the clutch it dies.
the bikes been running funny since i got it but i just found this out
thanks for your help

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sounds like a vaccume leak or pinched hose, or possibly your TPS needs to be checked out.

Check all the lines on your TB's and the air system.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
bones - I meant to say rich before....

I think the bike's running really rich. could be something else, but that's the possibility I'd explore first.

#1 - check the air filter, make sure it's clean. make sure there aren't any restrictions in the airbox.

#2 - check the plugs. make sure they're not fouled, and check that they're gapped correctly

#3 - visually inpect the operation of the secondary butterflies with the bike running in nuetral & the airbox off. I doubt that's the problem - you should throw an fi error if there's anything wrong with the system, but shit does, occassionally, happen

do you have any mods?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Make sure the coils are mounted on the plugs proper also. should feel a clickidy click click as they slide on the plug

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have checked all that and replaced the filter and plugs. and i have made sure to get the coils on there very good becasue i also thought it might be a spark issue.

i think it could be a TPS how do i check that i tried doing a search but the search feature sucks on this site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts