Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 gsxr 1000 runs and idlles normal except when it’s tilted to it’s left side sounds like something’s hitting against something else inside any have an idea of what it might be prior to this water pump was changed

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,101 Posts
Your best bet is to track down where the sound comes from. A video or recording might help. Sounds like some part is loose, perhaps just hanging on to hoses and wiring. Or perhaps something was dropped in the tank?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,580 Posts
Does the noise come from the left side or does it just appear when tilted to the left? Does the clanking rate vary with engine RPM? Off-hand it could be the water pump, generator, fuel pump, or fan. But there's lots of other possibilities. Hopefully it's not further inside the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the issue in case anyone’s still wondering one of the transmission gears was bent I’m thinking it happened when my chain came off the sprocket and broke my water pump witch was the reason for changing it

·
7,580 Posts
"one of the transmission gears was bent "
So a gear inside the crankcase was bent on its axis? I could believe a bent sprocket but a bent gear is hard to believe. Which gear was it and was it on the counter shaft or drive shaft? I would be concerned about other damage, including other internal parts as well as the crankcase.

"my chain came off the sprocket and broke my water pump "
Time to start paying attention to the chain tension and probably also to greasing the chain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly what I said a bent gear from what I have to understand their hardened steel near impossible to bend but have a video if you want to see it

·
7,580 Posts
I'm interested and I'd think that others here would be too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Rebotor
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing