Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Boredz Crackhead
11,679 Posts
Now my biggest issue is everyone's...trying to be lean and put on mass at the same time. I got pretty slim a few weeks ago but I felt like shit and I was weak as hell. Now I carbed back up and I feel great, pretty strong again, sleeping better....but this mid section is fuckin disgusting.
Not everyones. :twitch

·
Brat
3,211 Posts
I have been lifting weights on and off for past 7 years, when i was 18/19 i was in pretty good shape, i used to be a good 30 lbs less then i am now or more.

These days i just lift some weights for exercise, mainly to keep my strength up, make sure i don't get sloppy over weight and i can defend myself if i had to (some cardio on the boxing bag helps this too)

I am riddled with injuries that just always seam to come back, kind of sad and has taken a lot of my motivation away, i certainly don't diet anymore or care what i eat.

but hey i am happy

P.S my injuries include weak ankles, one was broken but it only felt swollen so i just used a stretchy sock thing but realized after 3 weeks it was probably worse, it then healed faster so i never got it checked, having a weak ankle then helped my roll the other ankle badly numerous times as well as the first pretty much every few months while doing any kind of hard sport.

Main concern which i am thinking about getting looked at, is my shoulders! Sometimes i get pain in the middle (kinda feels under the muscle), can last anywhere from a week to 3 weeks, happens a few times a year :(from anything sleeping on it bad :( or just over doing myself with some exercise. It has been the stopping point of a fair few gym returns, but i have been going a few times a week (2-3) for about 2-3 months now as well as a little jogging

If anyone can suggest where i should be going for shoulder then i am open for suggestions.

·
Banned
5,290 Posts
sorry to resurrect a thread that has had no posts in almost a month, but this is definitely a topic that interests me.

i've been training since '94, was thinking how crazy it will be in 2 years to think that '94 was 20 years ago. so yeah, almost 20 years in the gym. there was a period of about 3 years where i didn't train at all though... but i have been back in there since 2005.

i have been as high as 285 (when i was in my 20s) but i never competed. i am almost 6'2", so i never thought i was "big enough" LOL. it eventually got to the point where i was unwilling to take the risks to get any larger, so i quit. that started the 3 year layoff, where i lost about 80 pounds to partying haha.

starting back at 31 was interesting... i got injured so many times! amazing what you can put your body through in your 20s that just doesn't fly any more once you get to the 30s.

i now train with light to moderate weights, high reps (12 minimum) with emphasis on muscle isolation. i no longer squat, bench press, barbell shoulder press, or deadlift... i have a partial torn labrum (not bad enough to require surgery) and tendonitis in one of my elbows and knees. i consider myself lucky when i look back at the way i used to train! i should be way, way worse off now.

my style of training is very, very safe, yet extremely intense. body parts get worked once a week. cardio 5 times a week. i was lucky to find a very good trainer to steer me in the direction i am going now- i only wish i had found him 15-16 years ago, there's no telling where my body would be. his style of training has changed my body in countless ways for the better!

i now stay between 240-250 pounds, at sub 10% bf. my diet is pretty basic and meticulous, weighing out my food every morning. i eat 1.5 pounds of red meat a day, 1.2 pounds ground turkey breast, egg whites, whey protein, white, brown, and paraboiled rice, white and sweet potatoes, oats, and whey protein. that and about 5 liters of water a day is pretty much what i eat. sure, i have one or two "cheat meals" a week, but nothing too crazy as i just don't like fast food, etc. a large pizza is about as crazy as i get. oh and i eat 2 fish oils with every meal, and take my vitamins and a baby aspirin every night.

all in all, i feel really good at 38. there are of course things i wish i could go back and change but i think that's everyone. i do know that bodybuilding is a fantastic activity for my mental health and the way it makes me look isn't too bad either :lol

ok, i think that's more about me than you ever wanted to know.

oh, and i train at gold's venice. if any of you think you have a good physique, come out and train on a saturday at about 10am.. you will quickly be reminded of how far you have to go :biggrin it's quite humbling!

·
Guido de Douchio
992 Posts
Gym rat right here used to workout 5days a week and rest the weekend. Now working out 5 days a week followed by cardio and more cardio no the weekend as well. So I am pretty much a gym rat. Getting shredded boi !!!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Old Gixxer,

Would you say your injuries are from on a off steroid use? I have been working out a long time and I know results like yours do not come from natural body building.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I lift every day (obviously from the picture!) & I do roids every other week to keep up my massive bulk. I'm just trying to be carefull I don't get too big as I don't like to scare people when I ride my bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Old Gixxer,

Would you say your injuries are from on a off steroid use? I have been working out a long time and I know results like yours do not come from natural body building.
All of my injuries were directly related to work,falling backwards off a scaffold 20' in the air tends to fuck shit up pretty good ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I work at a gym selling memberships and am way less ripped than I should be. My workout routine is very sporadic because of my ridiculous life schedule, but I do what I can when I can because I enjoy it, know the benefits and always feel better after it. If anyone needs advise on workout stuff, I am probably a good person to ask.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I lift every day (obviously from the picture!) & I do roids every other week to keep up my massive bulk. I'm just trying to be carefull I don't get too big as I don't like to scare people when I ride my bike.
Hilarious! I was browsing threads a came across this pictures. I had to bump it to the top so everyone else can enjoy this.

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
I just wanna know where oldfarts gear is he is completely riding nude I thought he was big on safety :shifty

But on the other hand he was ripped he must be juicing two/three times a day

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
He has a jimmy hat on,his junk is perfectly safe lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wait you work out for 7 days then take 7 days off? Whats hdrol? As in Halladrol? A ProHormone??

I generally work out M-F sometimes I'll go in on either a Sat or Sun and just hit one basic mass/strength building move. Squat or deadlifts etc.

My work outs are much more geared towards body building but every now and then I'll do what my friend calls "power building" basically a split with powerlifting and basic body building exercises.

I do 2 body parts a day except for legs. I do legs on Monday because every other Jersey Shore wanna be at my gym doesnt do shit except bi's and chest. Monday they're all mirror huggers so I use the power rack and squat, then hit the extensions and lunges. No one does legs in that ass clown gym, though I'm joining a new one tomorrow.

I generally do 3 shakes a day. Right now I'm using the NutRex Protien and I like it. I go back and forth with that and MHP Probolic.

I also take Animal Pak--which I swear by. I'm not using preworkout right now but when I do I like the 1MR or Hemo Rage.....end of the month I'll do a Sust/Deca cycle and maybe take that roxylean--I won't do a liver toxic anabolic.
Word on no one doing lower body! That's how it is at my gym. I swear I'm the only one that does any kind of lower body. I don't want to look like a steak on a stick.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Leg day was always my favorite...squat&leg press til you puke!

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
i dont work legs i run entirely to much to work my legs anymore my upper body is the one that cant catch up so i work upper 4 times a week then take 3 days off

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts
Old thread but why start another covering the same topic.

I started working out when I was a sophomore in high school. I had been in-and-out of the gym for years. I am now 42 and have been out of the gym for 7 years. During that time I have been running, cycling, and mountain biking.

I went to Afghanistan last fall and as a new years resolution I wanted to get back in the gym. This time around I am all about serious bodybuilding. I had some size to me 10 years ago.

I started in Jan with light weights and some cardio, just to get used to being back in the gym. I then started increasing the intensity and the weight. Since being back in the US, I really jumped into working out because I had to take 2 weeks off for the transition back.

Supplements I take:
Cyto-Sport Mass and Gainer Protein
Cyto-Sport Casein
AEN Test Booster
AEN Creatine RT
Multivitamin

42 yrs old
5'11"

Jan 2013:
198 lbs

When I started back up in April I still weighed 198 lbs.

May 2013:
202.5 lbs and lost body fat.

Current measurements:
Upper Arm - 15"
Forearm - 12.25"
Chest - 42"
Thigh - 23"
Calf - 15.5"
Waist - 35.5"
Shoulder - 50"
Neck - 16.5"

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
24 Participants
oldfart01
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing