Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey before I start a long winded thread about weights, diet and supplements--is there anyone on this board serious about weight training?? It's here if you are!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work 7 days on and 7 days off. When I am off I hit the gym m-f and recover in the weekend. I also started a cycle of hdrol too.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Wait you work out for 7 days then take 7 days off? Whats hdrol? As in Halladrol? A ProHormone??

I generally work out M-F sometimes I'll go in on either a Sat or Sun and just hit one basic mass/strength building move. Squat or deadlifts etc.

My work outs are much more geared towards body building but every now and then I'll do what my friend calls "power building" basically a split with powerlifting and basic body building exercises.

I do 2 body parts a day except for legs. I do legs on Monday because every other Jersey Shore wanna be at my gym doesnt do shit except bi's and chest. Monday they're all mirror huggers so I use the power rack and squat, then hit the extensions and lunges. No one does legs in that ass clown gym, though I'm joining a new one tomorrow.

I generally do 3 shakes a day. Right now I'm using the NutRex Protien and I like it. I go back and forth with that and MHP Probolic.

I also take Animal Pak--which I swear by. I'm not using preworkout right now but when I do I like the 1MR or Hemo Rage.....end of the month I'll do a Sust/Deca cycle and maybe take that roxylean--I won't do a liver toxic anabolic.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh sorry if that was not clear. My work schedule is 7 on 7 off. On my 7 days off I hit the gym m-f and chill on the weekend. I work 12 hrs a day on my work week. I have like no time to get to the gym.

Yeah hdrol is a halo drol clone. A pro hormone. I like the Gold Standard protein. I also use the animal paks, those things are awesome. I use USP BCAAs and some buffered creating.

I get my stuff from tfsupplements.com. Some stuff is cheaper on bodybuilding.com. It all depends.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much Mg's you taking?

Last year I started with. 5 that's 1/2 CC in the syringe. I would do that on tues and fri..then bumped up to 1 CC twice a week and that's 1 of sust and 1 of Decca so 4 C's 2x a week..then I cut back on Decca to once a week.

I just mix them together as they're both oil based. I ran it for about 10 wks, some people will say no but you can push it to 12..guys with low test can take it forever and even get a prescription.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh sorry if that was not clear. My work schedule is 7 on 7 off. On my 7 days off I hit the gym m-f and chill on the weekend. I work 12 hrs a day on my work week. I have like no time to get to the gym.

Yeah hdrol is a halo drol clone. A pro hormone. I like the Gold Standard protein. I also use the animal paks, those things are awesome. I use USP BCAAs and some buffered creating.

I get my stuff from tfsupplements.com. Some stuff is cheaper on bodybuilding.com. It all depends.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick but why are you taking a prohormone that is supposed to mimic test and creatine?? Especially a buffered creatine which is way less potent than mixing it as a powder into something like grape juice or cranbury juice?

I understand why guys do that, that's for mass and strength and usually a winter combo as it's going to bloat the shit out of you. Are you strength training for something? I just never heard of a woman doing supps like that.

Also that Haladrol is a joke now. It's been garbage and filler for about 5 years now, ever since the FDA took the "good" recipe off the shelf and all the good prohormones are gone. If you want to try something along the same lines that actually works, you can still get Gaspari Novaldex on Amazon for about 100.00 a bottle. Just make sure you check the expiration because they stopped making that too.

That will work, but again I'm not sure why you'd want it. As a whole a prohormone boosts testorsterone levels which will increase strength and then mass...however when you boost test synthetically your body adjusts itself by creating more estrogen--this is why guys develop "bitch tits" if they don't cycle correctly. I have no idea what kind of results something like this would give to a woman though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm not trying to sound like a dick but why are you taking a prohormone that is supposed to mimic test and creatine?? Especially a buffered creatine which is way less potent than mixing it as a powder into something like grape juice or cranbury juice?

I understand why guys do that, that's for mass and strength and usually a winter combo as it's going to bloat the shit out of you. Are you strength training for something? I just never heard of a woman doing supps like that.

Also that Haladrol is a joke now. It's been garbage and filler for about 5 years now, ever since the FDA took the "good" recipe off the shelf and all the good prohormones are gone. If you want to try something along the same lines that actually works, you can still get Gaspari Novaldex on Amazon for about 100.00 a bottle. Just make sure you check the expiration because they stopped making that too.

That will work, but again I'm not sure why you'd want it. As a whole a prohormone boosts testorsterone levels which will increase strength and then mass...however when you boost test synthetically your body adjusts itself by creating more estrogen--this is why guys develop "bitch tits" if they don't cycle correctly. I have no idea what kind of results something like this would give to a woman though.
First off, I want to make it clear that I'm a guy. I guess the avatar is a bit
Misleading. That is my wife on her bike.

As far as the hdrol I got some
Good gains from it. It is fairly priced as well. I would like to try some gear but I would rather spend my cash else where. The creatine I use is kre alkalyn. It is such a better way to take it in pill form (convenience). Mixing it in juice? Like creatine mono hydrate? That is old school.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First off, I want to make it clear that I'm a guy. I guess the avatar is a bit
Misleading. That is my wife on her bike.

As far as the hdrol I got some
Good gains from it. It is fairly priced as well. I would like to try some gear but I would rather spend my cash else where. The creatine I use is kre alkalyn. It is such a better way to take it in pill form (convenience). Mixing it in juice? Like creatine mono hydrate? That is old school.

Oh! lol my bad dude...

Hey if it's working for you then it's all good. I don't use creatine often but when I do I liked the Muscle Meds powder and I'll mix it right into my post workout...or anything that can transport the creatine to the muscle fiber during an insulin spike. Sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit and then down it in my protien shake.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Oh! lol my bad dude...

Hey if it's working for you then it's all good. I don't use creatine often but when I do I liked the Muscle Meds powder and I'll mix it right into my post workout...or anything that can transport the creatine to the muscle fiber during an insulin spike. Sometimes I'll have a piece of fruit and then down it in my protien shake.
It's koo brah.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just started taking ZMX which is just ZMA really.

Pretty good though, absorbed quick I notice I'm not as sore the rest of the day and it def promotes restfull sleep.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I used to train a lil bit ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes that's really me,I'm not into now as much as I was a few years ago. I've had 3 shoulder surgeries&a torn bicep so that has put a damper on my lifting:sad

I've been training an 18yr old kid who was 175lbs when I met him&is now sitting at 261lbs with abs showing 4 yrs later. He will be stepping on stage in the near future...I figure if I can't do it any longer I can live vicariously through someone with better genetics than mine:biggrin

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow good stuff man...the guy I was working out with doesn't have his pro card but I always thought he should, John Nutlile is his name--for 48 yrs old he's pretty damn impressive.

What were your shoulder surgerys? I had one a few years ago. Had a class 3 SLAP tear and my labrum was f'd up. That's fine now...but of course the right side is all jacked up. I gotta warm up good.

I know theres a slight tear but my ortho said after 35 unless it's severe, they wont do a surgery and I really don't want one to be honest...I notice shit though, the same pain I had and I cant really stretch to reach things up high on that side.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I had a complete rotator cuff rupture on my right delt which was repaired but will never be 100% again,probably have 75% of my range of motion. Then the left side had the same injury&was an open repair(IE-5" scar across my delt that matches the right delt)back in '09...re-tore it at work last September&just had surgery in December so its still healing up. I was training to do an over 40 Masters show back in '10 but the shoulder pain was just unbearable. I may try again next year

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah shoulders suck man...I seriously don't think there is another injury that makes it almost impossible to work through than a shoulder injury.

And everyone thinks "you can do other things"--no you can't, you can barely do shit when it's bad. Chest, bi's, tri's--you're fucked.

I couldn't even squat because of the hand positioning on the bar...sucks.

Now my biggest issue is everyone's...trying to be lean and put on mass at the same time. I got pretty slim a few weeks ago but I felt like shit and I was weak as hell. Now I carbed back up and I feel great, pretty strong again, sleeping better....but this mid section is fuckin disgusting.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
24 Participants
oldfart01
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing