Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found that by riding my bike in a big swimming pool or in the ocean means that I don't need a radiator. The weight saving results in a much better handling bike. You may, however, require a snorkel for you and the airbox, depending on the depths you ride at - unless you train the bike to hold its breath. Good luck.

[ 11-07-2002, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: Oz Tim ]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That is, hands down, the funniest one I've ever read in this wacky forum.

[ 11-07-2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Kid Loops ]

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
You really wanna save weight? This guy had the right idea...

That's the lightest R1 I've ever seen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Weight saving has been the topic of a number of threads on this discussions board. Some extremely useful tips have been aired but one that is not really mentioned is the weight of the pilot. There is a direct relationship between the performance of your tool and your weight regardless of what mods you undertake. The next logical step is weight reduction of you.

This may be achieved a number of ways:-
The most effective is a good laxative the night before you intend riding. This will result in at least a 5 pound weight saving the instant you get up. A useful by-product of this is reduced laundry bills should you have a near miss whilst out and about.

Light clothing will also help to reduce weight - I prefer the dayglo green. Drilling your helmet will also reduce weight and, contrary to popular disbelief, will not effect the structural integrity of the item. A useful by-product of this is that the air travelling across the newly drilled holes will result in a loud "whistle", thereby attracting the attention of other road users to your presence. This is of particular advantage seeing as no one runs their machines with those loud exhausts anymore.

More tips to follow.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Oz Tim:
I've found that by riding my bike in a big swimming pool or in the ocean means that I don't need a radiator. The weight saving results in a much better handling bike. You may, however, require a snorkel for you and the airbox, depending on the depths you ride at - unless you train the bike to hold its breath. Good luck.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

1 - 12 of 12 Posts