Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good weight gain supplements? I haven't paid attention in over 30 years. Joe Weider protein powder used to be good, but that was a long fucking time ago. I am down 30 pounds from where I wanted to stay at, & the weight seems to slowly keep coming off no matter what I'm eating. :hammer

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Food, lots of it. You can try using calorie dense weight gainer shakes but they are usually loaded with alot of sugar and carbs.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
Regular low-carb protein powder with juice and bananas for carbs in addition to food. The "weight gainer" powders are just protein powder cut with sugars.

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Food, lots of it. You can try using calorie dense weight gainer shakes but they are usually loaded with alot of sugar and carbs.
Regular low-carb protein powder with juice and bananas for carbs in addition to food. The "weight gainer" powders are just protein powder cut with sugars.
I've been eating pretty much & the weight just keeps sneaking off. I'll have to hit the health food store this week. I was at 205 for a long time which is good at 6"3" & I'm down to 176 now. In the old days the Weider powder you mixed with milk.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
dam man if i weighed 173 id be ripped im 5'4" 205 atm im supposed to be in the 170 range according to bmi but last time i weighed that i was 17 now 43. really adding more proteins with every meal will aid in the weight gain if your work out isnt designed to be aggressive on the cardio side.

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dam man if i weighed 173 id be ripped im 5'4" 205 atm im supposed to be in the 170 range according to bmi but last time i weighed that i was 17 now 43. really adding more proteins with every meal will aid in the weight gain if your work out isnt designed to be aggressive on the cardio side.
Some of the BMI charts I've seen are really nuts. The surgeon that pulled my gall bladder & fixed my liver & bile duct had a chart on his wall from a company that did the gastric bypasses. At the time I was a little under 210 & I was borderline morbidly obese according to the chart!

He came in & asked, "How are you doing?" I told him, "I was much better before I realized I needed a fucking gastric bypass!" :lol He said most people that lift will really throw off the charts.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
BMI charts are bullshit, I am at 27 (overweight) and have an 8 pack :p

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
fuck bmi. i run marathons at the borderline between "overweight" and "obese."

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fuck bmi. i run marathons at the borderline between "overweight" and "obese."
:lmao I hadn't looked looked at that stuff for many years, I couldn't believe I was on the line between obese & morbidly obese at a little under 210 at 6'3" with a 32" waist. I guess it helps when the chart comes from a company selling devices for gastric bypasses!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
:lmao I hadn't looked looked at that stuff for many years, I couldn't believe I was on the line between obese & morbidly obese at a little under 210 at 6'3" with a 32" waist. I guess it helps when the chart comes from a company selling devices for gastric bypasses!
You just killed my evening :spit

I'm 6'3 at 238 I float between 34-36" pants

·
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You just killed my evening :spit

I'm 6'3 at 238 I float between 34-36" pants
According to the chart I saw you are probably already dead! :biggrin My surgeon just started laughing about the chart when I commented on it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
18 Participants
pigrond
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing