Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Rizoma Sport grips in today. These things are so sexy I might have a few hashtag moments caressing them while riding! My Galfer braided brake lines should come in tomorrow also :)fingerscrossed), so that's in the plan as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My old grips are looking like crap so I'll be glad to be rid of them. I just realized I may have a problem with my Throttlemeister with these grips tho - the TM friction sleeve typical slides over the throttle tube and you roll the grip back over it to pinch it in place. These have that aluminum end ring to it won't be possible to do that. Some MacGyverring is going to be in order to get them to play together. Anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the grips installed, but as feared the Throttlemeister doesn't work with them. I tried spraying the end of the aluminum ring with bed liner - it worked for a couple of times but the liner just peeled like Plasti Dip. I'm going to get a rubber washer and epoxy it onto the end of the aluminum ring and that should fix it. (It should work even without the epoxy so I'll give that a try first). The clutch side bar end insert is not tightening so I also need to get a new insert.

Here's a pic (yes, bike and garage need some cleaning!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
DemonRider
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing