Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,935 Posts
It's all your fault. I mean, how DARE you speak ill of these assholes?

It was nice knowing all of you all these years. I'm outta here too. This was the last and only board I still checked so out of solidarity, fuck this place.

All the best and thanks again guys.

Signing off for good - André in Montréal

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
That's not on; you guys put in loads of effort to ensure the site is always moving..

Dave
Thanks Dave ...

It’s a thankless job , we don’t get paid or receive much appreciation.

Over the last few years we have lost so many good staff members because the treatment we receive.

Rob was the only active Amin on here for a long time , once I was made one myself I could see the Admin only section ... it broke my heart to see that he had been struggling for years ... begging for help and got nothing.

This site almost gave him a break down.

He left without so much as a Thankyou from the cunts that own/make this place.

I can speak for @Ironhead401 @Carnage @spike52 when I say that we are all gutted and feel used.

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
It's all your fault. I mean, how DARE you speak ill of these assholes?

It was nice knowing all of you all these years. I'm outta here too. This was the last and only board I still checked so out of solidarity, fuck this place.

All the best and thanks again guys.

Signing off for good - André in Montréal
Hang around for a little bit longer mate ... we aren’t going just yet.

We have called out VS and their retarded plebs ... let’s see what they have to say for themselves.

My guess is they will try a silence us.

Will be fun to have them on the back foot for once.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,935 Posts
Will be fun to have them on the back foot for once.
I'm not familiar with that expression.....

Sounds innocent enough but if there's one thing I've learned here over the years, it's to NEVER google an expression I don't understand if it comes from you lmao

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
As we are on opposite time zones, I personally clear out 15-20 a day that have been banned at least once before.
More bad news guys ... it’s seems VS is going to hand pick their own admins/Mods now.

They didn’t even have the guts to tell us themselves , so it would seem we are out.

When that happens Iron and me will be leaving the site for good.

They clearly want ‘yes men’ that just do what they are told , we don’t do that ... we put our necks out all the time for the good of this site and community and that must rub them the wrong way.

After so much of my valuable time , this is my Thankyou ... to say it’s heartbreaking would be an understatement.
I am getting ghosted on the other site too looking for an admin. They have been MIA for a couple months. Also clearing a dozen or so flagged IPs a day from spammers like you are here. You guys that are listed as admins are site staff not VS staff correct? Simply more access than a super?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
8,222 Posts
As long as it's given in good faith, VS needs the feedback good or bad. I remember early on after joining here that I'd see administrators/moderators with gigantic post counts and wondering if they had a life. They seemed to burn out as the only one I see here any more with big counts is spl170db and he's not a mod/admin. What little contact I've had with you guys has been good so I'll be sorry to see you go. It's a job I wouldn't want.

·
Administrator
15,389 Posts
I am getting ghosted on the other site too looking for an admin. They have been MIA for a couple months. Also clearing a dozen or so flagged IPs a day from spammers like you are here. You guys that are listed as admins are site staff not VS staff correct? Simply more access than a super?
Yes, site staff. We have been here for a long time. @Admin are several vertical scope employees. Since our site switched formats, we lost a lot of our abilities as an actual admin. Barely a super mod at this point.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Yes, site staff. We have been here for a long time. @Admin are several vertical scope employees. Since our site switched formats, we lost a lot of our abilities as an actual admin. Barely a super mod at this point.
No admins on the other side and yes a supermod has what a mod had previously. I don't mind doing the stuff at all but some info would be a big help.

·
Administrator
13,709 Posts
As long as it's given in good faith, VS needs the feedback good or bad. I remember early on after joining here that I'd see administrators/moderators with gigantic post counts and wondering if they had a life. They seemed to burn out as the only one I see here any more with big counts is spl170db and he's not a mod/admin. What little contact I've had with you guys has been good so I'll be sorry to see you go. It's a job I wouldn't want.
It’s members like you Bill that keep us going , we see how much you love the site and help other members, most times without a thanks.

Sadly this isn’t something new , they have treated the staff here like shit for a long while ... as an Admin I can see how far back it goes.

But it has got much worse , having now come to a head , something has to give.

I don’t want to waste anymore of my time I could be spending with my family if they are going to squeeze us out.

·
Administrator
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
More bad news guys ... it’s seems VS is going to hand pick their own admins/Mods now.

They didn’t even have the guts to tell us themselves , so it would seem we are out.

When that happens Iron and me will be leaving the site for good.

They clearly want ‘yes men’ that just do what they are told , we don’t do that ... we put our necks out all the time for the good of this site and community and that must rub them the wrong way.

After so much of my valuable time , this is my Thankyou ... to say it’s heartbreaking would be an understatement.
I am sorry the wording for the release notes were not very good.

We are not making changes to the mod/admin team.

The release was referring to sites that do not have a team already in place.

This site already has an amazing mod/admin team. :)

- Cricket

101 - 113 of 113 Posts