Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that fitting bigger headlight bulbs will make my bike lighter. Has anyone tried this? Would that make the front end ride too high and should I get bigger tail light bulbs to lighten the rear also? If so what wattage?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
take everything off the frame. Install touring bike parts threafter.

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Do like Fred and replace your fairings with egg shell cartons and duct tape. Very aerodynamic I might add.

jontflesh

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by Jon T. Flesh:
Do like Fred and replace your fairings with egg shell cartons and duct tape. Very aerodynamic I might add.

jontflesh
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And if you crash it is a lot cheaper to replace

Peter

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
You also might entertain drilling holes in your frame. After 100 or so it has to start shedding weight!

jontflesh

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
NAH , just get going real fast and then crash. Road rash is the least expensive / most effective form of weight removal , trust me , works on people too.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
When you start your bike , immediatly remove the battery since it is the heaviest thing on the bike.

·
Registered
518 Posts
No No No. You gotta remove that damn kill switch, that shaves off some WEIGHT KID!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try switching both rims and tires with ones off a mountain bike. There's probably an adaptor kit you can buy somewhere.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
get rid of all the aluminum on that roach
aluminum belongs on siding of a house not on your bike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by Jon T. Flesh:
You also might entertain drilling holes in your frame.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">JonnT.. you should know by now that holes don't shed weight... they give you speed.. That's why they are called "Speedholes"

Always gotta check these moderators i tell ya.. next thing you'll know, they'll start saying that putting gas in the tank actually makes the bike work!!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
get rid of all that heavy oil and coolant

1 - 17 of 17 Posts