Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, cool forum!

I desperately need your advice. I have a GSXR1100H 1987, motor's been bored and sleeved, gas flowed, 3mm base spacer. Hasn't been run yet only fired up.
Motor starts fine and ticks over, bit lumpy but carbs not balanced yet. I have an oil pressure gauge on the engine, on tick over it's steady at 40 psi but as soon as you give it even a small amount of throttle it'll rise to 70 psi. Oil is ring to escape everywhere as you can imagine.
I've taken out the pressure release valve today to check if it's blocked, but it's fine. Removed the oil pressure regulator and cleaned that, again looked fine though.
Any ideas!! Any advice would be gratefully recieved

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll let the experts to give you a 100 % advise. Here is my bit. When I went to get my oil cooler repaired, my budy (mechanic) told me that regular car shops are not specialized in this. Unlike car coolers and radiators which run at about 25-30 psi, the gixer ones run to 80 psi. Now, I'm not sure if yours tops up at that pressure or if it will continue to rise as you add throttle. Wait to hear from someone else before you do something you might regret!
Cheers

Lubos

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stoneagegixer, It does seem to top out at 70, but as I said it has only been run stood still. I don't know what it would be like under load.
I'm wondering if someone has uprated the oil pump somehow. The pressure gauge is like a rev counter.

Here's a pic of the culprit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
When cold these motors make that kind of pressure. Thats what the relief valve is for. The pressure will drop way down when scalding hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts