Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Germany it was custom to wave at riders going in the other direction and I think it's nice but when you are passing like 50 bikes is 5 minutes it becomes a bit tedious. I don't want to appear to be rude so what’s the story hear in the UK?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yep most folk do acknowledge each other. If its a big line of folk then I usually just keep my hand up for the first couple. Prefer the little nod myself to the wave. Means you dont take your hands of the bars. I know what you mean about getting a bit annoying after a while.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's pretty normal over here. If it's a lot of bikes you just hold out your hand or your foot. And you do just the same when you pass someone.

That is if you're on a sportsbike. You never greet choppers/customs over here.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I usually stand on the seat and wave with both arms !!
JOKE....

there's no reason not to be friendly and to nod or wave to the first in a bunch or maybe flash the headlights once or twice........

Andy

·
Registered
403 Posts
Dont like the light flashing because that sometimes means the polis are about.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i normally nod but if im out scratchin i might not bother if it could end up in the hedges! got to say though, there are a lot of ignorant bikers out there.

as for police, i find cars flash and bikes give you the slow down wave.

keep getting the 50cc scooters nodding at me as well, desperately trying to join the big boys club...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Most of scooter guys that I see are not interested in bikes and are using it purely for transport. I hate it it you wave/nod and get no response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts