Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys htink about them..any of you have them that can comment on um and about what do they cost??

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
They are going on my bike next - I'm warped my way through several front disks already - they do not warp like OEM ones, and they look soooo sweet....

I rode a 600 with them on recently, and the brakes where very good, comparable to my 750 with goodridge hoses, and green pads, yet this had rubber hoses, and apparently standard pads.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
EBC green pads is part of your problem. Try the HH they work SOOOO much better.

John

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR-Freak:
EBC green pads is part of your problem. Try the HH they work SOOOO much better.

John
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah - I had those before - but due to a being a lame-ass, I bought the wrong ones when I swapped them out - they are getting down fairly quick, so I figure they will be replaced fairly soon.

The question is though - do I spring for the wave rotors, and sell my 2000 mile old OEM ones this time too ?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what are HH pads??? how much do they cost? i think im buying wave rotors this week to i think..anyone know where to find um cheap?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
what are HH pads??? how much do they cost? i think im buying wave rotors this week to i think..anyone know where to find um cheap?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HH pads are high performance pads with a sintered metal compound. They wear quickly, butthey are really nice to use.

The greens I have are longer lasting, but not as good

I am thinking of going for the wave rotors, but only when I need to replace my pads.....

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I WANT SOMETHING BITCHEN BUT I USE IT AS A DAILY DEAL..SO I DONT WANT SOMETHING THAT WEARS HELLA FAST..WHAT CAN I USE THAT IS ALMOST AS GOOD BUT LASTS LONGER?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I am not a heavy braker - I am not that fast at all really

My HH's lasted about 5000 miles or so - the greens have been in for about 2500 and are not really showing any signs of imminent death.

The standard Pads are pretty good - I have also run Carone Loaraine HH's (nice but take warming), and "full kevlar" which where helpless - I threw them away after only a few miles.....

I would stick with OEM, maybe add braided hoses if your brakes get mushy, when you need to replace get HH's for a change maybe ?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my lil 600 is fast but im not a heavy braker either...but i want something that will work well but last..any suggestions? i may go order these this week.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by Pimpin My Gixxer:
my lil 600 is fast but im not a heavy braker either...but i want something that will work well but last..any suggestions? i may go order these this week.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My suggestions ?

1) Stick with the OEM until they are shot.

2) Get EBC HH pads - they are great

3) When you have warped rotors, replace them with Ti ot Wave rotors.

Basically the stock ones are great, EBC HH pads are a better. The stock rotors are very good but prone to warping at track days with race-pads....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts