Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HH brakes front & back, braided lines front & back. The bike has awesome braking.

I saw a gixxer with an odd looking "wave" rear rotor. A brief discussion at a light yeilded this info:

* stock pads rear
* HH front
* braided lines front/back
* home done wave rotor rear

He said that his back break was now "usable" and that doing them on the front did make him feel comfortable.

Does this mean that the wave style rotor brakes less? or harder? is it really worth donig? I was thinking a better master cylinder would help the most.

Thoughts?

-josh

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Corey...

·
4-gear fast guy
252 Posts
I've gone through a couple sets of front Wave Rotors and have found them to be junk. The one thing they do have going for them is that they're lighter than stock rotors.

But, they are very fragile, very expensive, and they don't appear to provide any noticable difference in feel, power, etc.

I currently run Galfer or EBC pads in front, Galfer SS lines in front, and a Galfer REAR wave rotor. I use the rear rotor only for the weight savings as I never use my rear brake.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my take too -- wouldn't really help with braking.. to me, it would seem they would eat up pads more -- but every says the rotors go -- weird.

I have ebc HH all around & Stainless lines all round... I use my brakes -- all of them. ;-) I"m not sure I'd want my back brakes working any harder tho...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think it makes the rear brake a little weaker which allows you to use it and not be so scared of locking it up while cornering or whatever. Less surface area = less friction = less braking power.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sticking with stock rotors.
with HH pads, and stainless lines -- I'm not afraid of hitting th rear at any time.. so I"m gonna go with "wave rotors = gimmick" or "wave rotors = people that can't control their bodily function (aka foot)"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.