Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if posting this and asking for some input on something that is easy to search isnt beating a dead horse i dont know what is.. i have not found exactly what im looking for so maybe this will help others.....
04 gsxr600

Got this bike a week ago and when it is started it will idle fine and than after about 30 seconds drop to a bubbly sporadic idle and die out....after restarting it will come out of it and idle fine.. not knowing what it was i decided to check the oil and i found of course milky oil...garage temp was around 38 degrees.

drained out wat was left in the antifreeze resivour and this is what i found...some type of jelly floating...after letting sit they seperated out...if it was oil wouldnt it float?

New to the whole gsxr thing but decent with cars...headgasket? heard waterpump seal but what about the sporatic idle on initial start up? i feel it is a simple fix as im mechanically inclined gramp with a garage and dad with a bikeshop want to do this without them tho to much of a hassel hoping not a cracked head:banghead help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that cause the sporadic idle at startup? i am going to get a compression tester and leakdown tester in a little bit and see what i cant figure out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have aftermarket exhaust? Some people describe a rough idle after adding a slip-on. Mine does it, always has since I got it. Not sure if its what you're describing, but could be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts