Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I got a gsxr 600 shock and a busa shock. The 600 shock went on great its just too soft even with everything on it set to stiff. I can't get the busa shock on because its a hair too long to get on the bottom link even with the tail jacked way up in the air. Any secrets from you guys who have done this. I'm a big guuy and really want the heavier busa shock on my bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i just had someone lift the tail up and it went right on. might need to go up a little more with the tail. and ar euputting it on a 1100 or a 750?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the tail lifted up with a engine hoist and the spring on the shock wants to hit the bottom pivot. If I coould squeeze the shoch a little would go on. cant figure a way to do that though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
what about lifting the bike up and allowing the swingarm to hang down instead? set it up on jackstands under the engine so the swingarm can hang.. its another thought

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a seatbelt strap that i wrap around the tail section and hook it to an engine hoist. I use the hoist to lift up the rear end as far as i want to go. The prob is the lower link thats connected to the frame, it just wont go on the shock. I'm going to have to figure something out. maybe fab a bracket to give me a little on the lower link. I'll just have to see. thanks.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Fit the lower shock mount to the linkage first, then push the upper shock mount until the holes align, then simply put the bolt through.

Yep, the spring rubs a tiny bit on the linkage when fully etended. I raced my 90 1100 with a 00-03 750 shock, and the spring/linkage never showed any rubbing marks *at all*...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts