Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
93-95 not a problem but make sure you get the matching suspension linkages from the water pumpers, 96-up is a no go it would require machine shop work which is expensive.
Karl

·
Registered
51 Posts
HELLO.............He said '89!! Not 93-95.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Hey, GSXR100Sforme pay attention , I guess I wasn't specific enough, the SWINGARMS from the years 89-95 will not be a problem to mount onto a 89 GSXR but he needs to get the matching linkages from the corresponding swing-arms and possibly the shock from the same bike he got the arm off of, as I am not sure about the linkage compatability, I know he would definently need the linkage from the 93 as they had the banna type arm, and used a different linkage than the box section type. I can provide diagrams if nessasary as I have swapped arms out.
Karl

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I have this exact kit in polished form for sale. Was going to put it on my 88 but bought a new bike. Brand new rear shock and spring from a 95 with about 100 miles on it. Shock, reservoir, dogbones and the swing arm (polished). Will sell it for $300 shipped anywhere.

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is very easy to do.Like mentioned before you will need the dog bones.I just put a 95 1100 swinger on my 89 750.

When you pull the old swing arm off you will need to take the bushings out.They are just floating in there.Once that is done just slide them into the new swingarm.you will have to make sure the original ones for the arm are in it.This way you can use the orig swingarm bolt.

You need the caliper torque rod and bolt for the new arm also.

While you are at it put a newer shock on it.It will help alot too!
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292757643

A couple pics of mine...........

[ 08-03-2001: Message edited by: Bandit Man ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts