Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

501 - 520 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Crashed the bike on 6/30/14.:banghead Rearend a car why switching lanes on the freeway. I need to trust mirrors more instead of looking over my shouder.
Got lucky and did not hit exhaust and seat cowl. Got some polished rims with good brake rotors for $160 last week. Replaced gear shifter and left fairing. Epoxy 3 tabs back on to head light. Need still to get rust out of spare fuel tank, replace mirrors, get white decals and repaint the bike. Going to switch tires next week when I am off work.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know. Lesson learned. This was my second motorcycle crash.(beside dirt bikes/quads) The first one was May 25 1991 on a 1984 Honda XL600. A small truck(D50) turned left in front of me and I side swiped it. The mirror on the truck put 2 holes in my knee. I was in the hospital for Memorial day weekend. This last crash I had a motorcycle jacket, gloves, helmet, steel toe boots and jeans on. The jacket shredded, but the armor did it jobs. Just had 3 small road rash and shoulder hurt for about 3 weeks, and leg hurt for about a week. I am wearing knee pads since that last wreck until I can get some motorcycle pants.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well ive just bought this as a restoration project ! Only 200 made worldwide in 1994 and none officially imported into the Uk although I believe a handful found there way over into the Uk via Paul denning of Crescent Suzuki.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Nice 1100...ask questions in the watercooled forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, new here. Here's my 1996 1100

She just got finished getting painted all white, but I haven't put her back together yet but once I do I'll surely take some nice pictures with my camera (and not my phone as with all of these) and share them.

501 - 520 of 552 Posts
About this Discussion
551 Replies
191 Participants
Northernbloke
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing