Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this post is late, back in June I did another 2 week moto-camping trip on my 750...after just over 6500 miles I managed to make it home to Southern California safely.

I was two days back at work and coming home late from visiting a friend. On 6/26 at 1:40 AM I hit something that took up 3/4 of my lane at 40 mph... nowhere to go, no way out, not even a skid mark...I wasn't even a mile from home...whatever it was stopped me like a brick wall.... I was sent airborne and just remember closing my eyes right before hitting the asphalt. I found myself in the middle of the road and knew I had to move or else possibly becoming road kill (this particular road is not a dead street at any given hour).... I stand, or try to but find it impossible to put any weight on my right leg... I see my wallet just inches in front of me when I notice my bike about 25 yards away from me.
At this moment I still don't know what I had hit. I had crawled off the roadway and laid waiting for help... much to my surprise, a homeless man with a phone and flashlight arrive a few moments later. He says he heard the crash from the other end of the street. It was then that I had asked him, "hey guy, what the hell did I hit?" His reply, "you hit a wild boar... and it looks to be in the 150 to 200 pound range...." shocked the hell out of me.

Coherent through everything, I suffered a fractured fibula and a lacerated kidney.
FB_IMG_1568713514113.jpg
FB_IMG_1568713523311.jpg
FB_IMG_1568713556780.jpg
FB_IMG_1563388375514.jpg
FB_IMG_1563388396610.jpg

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
I thought they were in Texas or adjoining states, not SoCal. I could believe a dog, cat, coyote, mountain lion, deer, or even a bear. But a pig?

Get well. I guess the homeless guy could roast and eat the pig.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow, that's like hitting a brick wall!
Know a guy who was riding in Wisconsin. The sun was just starting to go down.
As he was coming around a bend, he startled a large turkey buzzard that was feasting on something on the shoulder.
It started flapping for all it was worth, but just wasn't gaining altitude fast enough.
This guy didn't have anywhere to go. Had enough warning to lean into it and brace for impact at least.
Even still, he took it right in the chest and was almost knocked clean off his bike.
He managed to stay upright, but was left with a huge bruise on his chest. He said it felt like being shot with a cannon or something.
Even the safest riders can be ambushed by wildlife!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dayum..
Glad you made it thru.
Heal up.
Thanks for the well wishes.... I've healed up about 85% and since then bought a bike I've always wanted....was kinda disappointed, this bike was nothing like I had expected it to be.... having our since July it's grown on me..... refined is not word that is synonymous with Buell. The XB12R is nothing but raw, kick you in the nuts, American power with a very short wheelbase.... needless to say I'm getting my kicks on it scaring old women and children at stoplights with a mere flick of my wrist...... anyhow I think I'm over it and just want my Gsxr750 back....

Attachments

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
^As I recall, the rotor is attached to the rim of the wheel instead of the center and the caliper goes around the inside of the rotor instead of the outside. Interesting idea but, AFAIK, no one else does it.

P.S. I'd expect the racers and high end suppliers like Brembo or Sicom to be all over it, if there was an advantage.

P.P.S. Aside from being dead, that pig looks to be in great shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts