Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look my rotors are warpped and I have no money to buy new ones. So I have been trying to fix the ones I have. They only have 9k on them so they are in good shape. Here is my Idea... Take the rotors off the bike and heat them in an oven or a kiln and get them up to 450-500 degrees for say 8 to 10 hours or so and see if they strighten. Maybe hotter than that but i'm just guessing! Any one have any input on this! Let me know what you think... I figure it can't hert them any more than thay are. How do they get these things stright in the first place?

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
I wouldn't try it. Just me though, you put far too much trust in your brake system to "Jimmy" it IMO.

email [email protected] with your year/make/model and see what they want for the OEM rotors.

jontflesh

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link Jon... I'm really scared of buying used ones... If you were to look at mine you would say they were brand new. Even spinning the wheel they only run out about 3-4mm... I just e-mailed a brake re-manufacture I'll keep you guys posted!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Originally posted by Jet:
I just e-mailed a brake re-manufacture I'll keep you guys posted!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Please do!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
come on now...dont use the wifes easy bake oven to fix your bike or shall i say attemt to...i doubt it will work. kick down the 200.00 and buy new ones...your braking is everything on your bike..your brakes are fukd you may end up the same way...WARPED around a pole...no fun there man. save up the cash then ride the bike. if you cant afford to fix it you prolly shouldnt own one man..just my input. take care!

·
Premium Member
8,926 Posts
Disclaimer: Try this at your own risk... and dont tell anyone I said to do this.

If you are gonna try to bake your rotor(and it sounds like you will try). You will need to brace the rotor at 4 points(like they used to do with wooden tennis rackets). 8 pieces of steel and 4 c-clamps. Lay the steel in a square and use the c-clamps to add pressure.

Either that or get a rich girlfriend

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2 much money!!! I'm trying to buy a house so I can keep my little gixxer out of the rain!!! When these things are manufactured they must have some way of making sure that they are true... I need to know how!!!

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Originally posted by Jet:
2 much money!!! I'm trying to buy a house so I can keep my little gixxer out of the rain!!! When these things are manufactured they must have some way of making sure that they are true... I need to know how!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Come on dude how much can they really run?

Have a gander on some used ones
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1825817477

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1826566383

Anyway like I said I wouldn't do it but if you want to try to heat em up more power to ya

jontflesh

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EZ-Bake Oven watch out!!! Thanks guys!!! I'm going with the racket idea!!! I'm also going to try a seccond machine shop first...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts