Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have been told that starting your gsxr-1000 will decrease engine life.....my wrench at the local Suzuki dealer also told me that Suzuki knows about this and will do nothing..... Whats up with that?????

·
Registered
356 Posts
Better check the turn signal fluid before you start it as well...lower levels of this can be DANGEROUS and could void your warranty.

BTW, Jeffw- my girlfriend purchased your GSXR 1000 CD for me for christmas and it's probably the best gift that I recieved...the most useful GSXR documentation that I've come across yet. thanks man.

andy

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I guess I should remove my Powerbronze screen cause it might burn up my dash...

[ 12-26-2002, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: TONE1000R ]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Damn and I was going to go riding today, Thanks for the info jeff, won't go now cause starting it will decrease my engine life!
Anyone want to come push me around on my bike?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
also jW, fuel in the lines has been know to aid in corrosion of the lines and seals...therefore i recommend empting out the tank and draining the lines; to keep this phenom to a minimum....

·
Registered
25 Posts
jeffw, I thought that was common knowledge. Why would anyone actually want to start their bike and have the pistons scratch the barrels all up. Take a hint from the Harley guys,pick up trucks and trailers weren't invented just to haul lumber.

Today I have a great day of motorcycling planned. I'm gonna load the bike up in the truck and drive on some really great roads. I might even stop at the Rock Store and hang out even though most of those idiots actually ride their bikes there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Originally posted by MileHighGSXR:
Suzuki won't warranty your muffler bearings if you fail to check them periodically.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
702 Posts
I am willing to put up with the engine wear, but whats with the damn tires, every time i ride the bike it seams Im losing tread.
Im thinking of getting a 2003 and "putting it on blocks" that way its new for EVER...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Got my bike sittin in the living room on stands, waiting for two wheel Tuesday on Speedvision so I can imagine I am riding without wearing my bike out. Somehow it does'nt seem the same

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR O.G.:
I am willing to put up with the engine wear, but whats with the damn tires, every time i ride the bike it seams Im losing tread.
Im thinking of getting a 2003 and "putting it on blocks" that way its new for EVER...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tires wear because people inflate them incorrectly; only fill air at the lowest point of the tire where it's needed. (Where the tire contacts the ground.)

[ 12-27-2002, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Hagen ]

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I am not sure about you all, but I have a serious fuel leak. Matter of fact the leak is so damn bad, it even makes the warning lights on my dash blink.
So I stop and fill it up only to have it blink a few hours later again.

WTF Suzuki???

I feel like I should loose Henkie for a riding partner and hook up with a fuel truck. Don't fuel trucks carve the twisties good too???

[ 12-27-2002, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Motorscooter ]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey, I noticed that my fuel light goes on if I ride it for a long time......what's up with that shit? Does Suzuki know about this?

·
Registered
554 Posts
you might want to check the knifler pin and see if it's synchronized with lamanater gauge. Of course if the psi of your passenger rear tire is wrong this could be causing a shift in the orbital path of your vertical piston rings. Look down in the spare cyclinder container and see if you may have left the 4th ball bearing loose - could be interfering with your aura - and of course as Kenny previously posted - do check the blinker fluid

·
Banned
5,032 Posts
Originally posted by Motorscooter:
I am not sure about you all, but I have a serious fuel leak. Matter of fact the leak is so damn bad, it even makes the warning lights on my dash blink.
So I stop and fill it up only to have it blink a few hours later again.

WTF Suzuki???

I feel like I should loose Henkie for a riding partner and hook up with a fuel truck. Don't fuel trucks carve the twisties good too???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Does it help that Henkie's built like a fuel truck?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts