Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike when cold is about 26-28 degress Celsius. I warm it up till about 45 degrees Celsius before moving off slowly for about 2minutes before riding normally. Is it ok? How long do u all warm up?

·
Registered
436 Posts
i warm my 02' 1000 up to 125 before moving!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Haha i baby the shit out of mine! I normally wont even start moving on my '04 600 til 150+ degrees!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I wait till mine revs with out sputtering. I'm thinking maybe 70*F? Its normally over 100 by the time I get out of the parking lot

·
Registered
72 Posts
i read in a mag the other day that letting your bike idle up to op temp is no good, coz the oil doesn't get to the extremities of the engine. your therefore better off reving the tits of it, or just riding.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hmm perhaps i will take off then when its in lower temps then....its an FI bike so it will be alright even if im rolling at low engine temp.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I live in the hills, and it's pretty cold in the morning, so I warm mine up to 40C (104F) before riding, and take it east until she's up to 60C (140F). After work, I have to ride through (and I mean through!) peak hour traffic, so I only warm her up to 30C (86F) before riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i leave at 108. the dealer told me to at least wait till ti gets to 108 to start going.

·
Registered
75 Posts
emme is right.
the castrol web site claims from there own testing that..
warm up on tick over will damage your engine.
thay claim that you should,
start your bike up, then ride away with the choke on if you have one. ( lower it as you ride)
and just ride under 7,000rpm untill warm, as the oil is pumped up and around the engine better,
and we should NEVER warm up a bike at stands still.

but what do they know about engines and oil..

i do what they say more or less.
i warm her up for a few minutes, then ride away.
this also makes you ride slower on cold tyres,
usually by the time i get to the filling station its at working temp anyhow..

but we should all do what we are happy with,
after all is`t your bike,
do what makes you feelsafe.

·
Registered
606 Posts
100 F. I like in the summer when you turn the key and the temp says 92

1 - 18 of 18 Posts