Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I am in the market for gettin a 2005 gixxer 750/600... I am more interested in the 750 because of more low end torque and more power. I was wondering if some of ya'll could give me your opinions on this. I had take the MSF course without and prior riding knowledge and experience. I found the class to be rather easy. About a month later I ended up gettin a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4. I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to get a sport bike as a first bike at the time cuz I never read forums or anything. It took me about a month and 2000 miles to get used to that bike.

so that is the only bike i have ridden or ever owned. I put a total of 5000 miles on that bike within a 6 month period. I felt very comfortable with the bike at the time of selling it. It has been a year since i've ridden that bike or any bike. I always felt like i wanted more power and now that I have the funds for a new bike, i really want to get the 750.. .but if ya'll all dawg me down and recommend the 600 then i'll prob get that.

I plan to use the bike for street riding mainly. Nothing hardcore, no stunts (cept for wheelies)..
I would like to start takin the bike to the track and see how far i can push myself then see how far i can push my bike once im comfortable with it. i would like to go to the track as soon as i break my bike in...

Any thoughts or comments or even just ur 2 cents would be tyte..
thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Where are you from? I doubt you're from the Dayton, Ohio area, but I saw an Anniv. Ed. 750 at F&S Suzuki.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I bought a 750 this year for my first bike. I'm sure most will frown upon it, or tell me ill never learn as good as I could have....
Needless to say I love it and olny ride to MY level as I would with any bike. Just I have more grunt when I open her up than I would have with a smaller bike. The bike is only as fast as your throttle hand will allow. Now if I were 18-25 again or in my more recless days it might be a different story. I'm glad I started racing cars first and moved to the bike later on in life. Just my personal preference. Basically what i'm saying if you honestly KNOW you can limit your self to your ability then get the 750. If you know you CANT then dont get a sport bike a 600 is just a dangerous. So I vote for the 750 in your case if a sportbike at all is in your future.
OK i'm done boring you now.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is nothing wrong with getting a bigger bike as your first AS LONG as you respect the bike!!! No matter how good of a rider you might think you are.. It's all about respect I started on dirt bikes..first street bike i ever rode was a Busa ugliest bike ever!! anyway I respected the bike and had no problems..The reason most of the smarter guys on the board look down upon newbs getting bikes bigger than 600's is because the bigger you go the less room for error you have..most
go and get on a brand new 1000, have about hmmm a DAYS worth of exp. under their belt..then they think they have the bike under control no problem..then what do you know some chick in a car says DO A WHEELIE!! and he pastes himself all over the road..because they found out the hard way what a powerful bike will do to a

Just ride safe!! Can't go wrong with the 750!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
The reason why you felt that you needed more power is because you bought a HONDA

With all sarcasm aside, 6 months really isn't a long time to learn a lot. I learn something new everyday on my 600. I admit, when I ride on freeways, or any straightaways for that matter, I sometimes wish I had that extra umphh. But when I think about it, why in the world would I need that extra speed? When you do take it to the twisties, you will find that the 600 will be more than you can handle. I feel that it is much funner to push a smaller bike to it's limits then to have a bigger bike and not be able to push it that hard. Im not telling you not to get a 750 because you do have experience on a 600. Honestly, if it was me and I had the option to get a 750, shit I would hop on it, i wouldn't even think twice. I know that I am somewhat contradicting myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you truly feel that you are ready for a 750, I'd say go for it. It handles like a 600, which you are familiar with, so just ride safely if you get it. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
What is your hieght and wieght?

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Go with the 750, otherwise 6 months from now youll wish you had.
i see you have a 600, and im sure you are tired of that because you rode it to its full capabilities right?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
A 600 hundred can do everything you want it to
Wheelie for miles
corner like a bitch
Yeah a 750 has a little more but I have a 750 and can out run a lot of guys with liter bikes in the twisties as well down the high way on one wheel

600 is cheaper to buy and cheaper to insure
get the 600

Just please get the B/W cause they are faster
And to all those who bitch about us B/W guys saying we are faster....
We are so Fuck off

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wheelie for miles
corner like a bitch
Yeah a 750 has a little more but I have a 750 and can out run a lot of guys with liter bikes in the twisties as well down the high way on one wheel

get the 600

We are so Fuck off
I love it how you always add in the "B/W is faster" comment. You should just put it in your signature to make it easier on yourself.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Wheelie for miles
corner like a bitch

get the 600

We are so Fuck off
I love it how you always add in the "B/W is faster" comment. You should just put it in your signature to make it easier on yourself.
Your wish is my command

Biotch lol

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Wheelie for miles
corner like a bitch

get the 600

We are so Fuck off

Can't you say anything inelligent? You know, besides all that other stuff?

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Can't you say anything inelligent? You know, besides all that other stuff?
"I consider that a man's brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skilful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it - there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones."

"I don't profess to be profound; but I do lay claim to common sense."

"I feel that there is reason lurking in you somewhere, so we will patiently grope round for it."

"It's the people who try to be clever who never are; the people who are clever never think of trying to be."

·
Registered
670 Posts
Wheelie for miles
corner like a bitch

get the 600

We are so Fuck off
Your wish is my command

Biotch lol
Nice. I like mine better though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thx for the info guys...
will keep this all in mind when purchasing.
btw.. im 5'6 and 180

·
Registered
398 Posts
I dont understand people complaining about a 600's power.. Most of those people have little riding experience. I used to have a Ninja 500 and that was plenty fast, I could embarrass people on much larger bikes.
Even a 600 (or a ninja 500) at the track will be plenty fast. Anyone can twist the throttle, not very impressive.

I can cruise in 6th gear on my gixxer 6, and never HAVE to shift to pass people fast. Its still a whole shitload faster than a car. And if you downshift 1 or 2, you can blast to triple digit speeds faster than you ever need to on the street. If you downshift to 3rd, well, your basically a rocket ship.

I vote for the gixxer 6. Its plenty fast even in low rpms. It takes more skill to use the power, but there is still shitloads of it. It will keep you out of trouble IMO
If your riding around at lower rpms, its more difficult (not difficult tho..) to end up going faster than you meant to. At high rpms, full throttle will get you going illegal speeds faster than you know what to do with.

The 750 has more low end torque, true, but its made for its top end. Which is more than most people can handle, let alone need. If you want more low end torque, consider an SV-650 (can be a commuter or a full on race bike), an SV-1000 (about as fast as a 600 on the boil, all the time.. this is a very very fast bike, do not underestimate), A superhawk (ug, honda.. same deal as the sv-1000 but not as good...), yzf-600r (a nice bike, its a serius 600, not as cutting edge, but it has more torque and usable power). Im hesitant to suggest any 1000cc bike, as they are all extremely fast.

If you have your heart set on a gixxer 750, it is a great bike, but it will have more power than you will be able to use for a looong time.. Dont forget its a race bike first, they just slapped lights on so it could ridden on the street. If you end up getting it, just be carefull. It is so easy to go too fast it will start to feel commonplace.. this is when you end up rear ending a minivan because you locked the rear brake. Also, youll have a harder time learning good throttle control with a bike with a very powerfull more 'peaky' powerband.

Im not telling you not to get the 750, it IS an amazingly beautifull, fast, and capable bike. But I know someone with your experience wont be able to ride it faster than the 600 anyway. Hell, ive been riding about 3 years and im nowhere NEAR the limits of the 600.. Its going to be faster than me for years and years. Bikes like these laugh at you and say 'Is that all you got? cmon lets go'
The 750 (and 600) is a full on track weapon! It takes a huge amount of self control to ride any sportbike on the street, so be carefull.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
"Just please get the B/W cause they are faster."
Nice. I like mine better though.

Looks like I pissed off the behive

Where's Rob and Beesting???
I actually like the yellows as much as any other
I just get a kick out of getting people buzzin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts