Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

thinking of buying a new exhaust but a bit confused.... I take it a lot of them remove the cat? Will this be needed to re mot it in the uk?

Will I need to rempa or anything if I get a new exhaust? Will the bike flash any lights? Run ok??

Sorry ofr all the questions and not sure what type to go for yet but just want to see what might happen, apart from the obvious better noise and power.....

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most all of them remove the bread box. Dont know about the MOT as I'm from the US. Will flash the FI light for the set valve. The new exhaust should come with the instructions to bypass the wiring. I recommend a remap. It will help smooth out the power band.

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
They don't on 08/09's, but on an 06/07 a slip on DOES eliminate the cat.

·
6,053 Posts
Oh yeah and no FI light as long as u disable the SET valve. Search on here and u will find a DIY.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You definately don't need that cat for the MoT, my 750 has been through the it with a Scorpion end can on. I did put the db killer back in for the test.

But as far as emissions go, bikes don't get emissions tested as part of the MoT, check your V5 the section for CO2 emissions is blank.

·
6,053 Posts
Actually you WILL get an FI light if you disable the SET. You wont get a light if you disable the sensor for the SET by pulling the relevent wire.
Dude u know good and damn well what I was saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts