Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was thinking on buying a oldie gsxr1100. The problem is: i am kinda short (5.4" 150lbs).
What gsxr1100 is the lowest ? In Portugal i can´t find any 86-89 , maybe a 1991?
Can anyone help me on that?

Thanks
Pedro Martins
GSXR is addictive

·
3,482 Posts
Have you sat on any? I don't think they sit any higher than any other bikes............but the 89-91would probably be best if you did need to lower it further. You've probably seen some of the drag bikes sitting low and it could be done on these years pretty easily......

Dude......you guys have some awesome riding over there!! I drove all over your country a few years ago and there were very few cops too!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im a shortarse, and get on ok with my 1100N '92. I can put both feet down flat footed and I'm 5'9". The bitch will be hauling her into corners as I suspect you dont wiegh too much. I have to brake and settle it all down, then conciously hang over to pull it in. The down side for a smalley is that my opposite foot to the turn comes of the peg and is kinda hanging mid bike. I dont mind coz apparently when viewed from the outside of the turn it looks quite cool - on a left hander people only see a big bike, a right forearm and a right boot!!! Back end gets a bit skitty though, but I think thats my fault not understanding suspension set up. Take a puppy out for a spin, Im sure youll be ok.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yeah theres a 94 model up at a race shop up the street from me for 5 grand !!! its sweet and droped to the pavement too.!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I haven´t sat on any gsxr1100, but a gsxr750 seems fine. Does the 750 has little power?

I once had a GSX1100 F , hope the gsxr1100 be more safe to ride . The F had those skinny 150 rear and 16" wheel front...sucked big time. But was nice for travel.
I want to sell my VFR 750 ´cause it has no power. But it turns great and is economic.

Have you´ve been in Portugal? Yep, no cops and you can do 100 / 120 mph all day
A dangerous country for bikers cause it´s like a racing...TDi ´s , vans ...everybody is going 100 mph LOL

Pedro Martins
GSXR 750 H

·
Registered
200 Posts
They are excellant for shorter persons since the seat is narrow. I have a short 30 inch inseam and can stand flat footed on my 86.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts