Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my '99 GSX-R 600 removed the rear pegs because he didn't need them, and didn't want people asking him for rides. I'd like to add them back on there. Problem is, I can't just go buy pegs and bolt them on, because he cut/ground the mounts off as well. Would my best bet be to buy a new rear section of frame (whatever it's called) with the mounts and even pegs on there already? If so, how much would that go for, and where from? Or should I try to get them welded back onto what I have?

What years will work on my bike?

:eek:fftopic If anyone has one with pegs or mounts attached and needs one with the pegs & mounts removed, let me know. If this is a rule violation (classified), please remove this part of my post.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Dave88LX said:
The previous owner of my '99 GSX-R 600 removed the rear pegs because he didn't need them, and didn't want people asking him for rides.
The previous owner was a smart man. :thumbup

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
av_fan said:
The previous owner was a smart man. :thumbup
Whatever pussy.

Yeah, just get a new subframe.
Not everyone wants to ride solo.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i just took mine off today to get powder coated and i dont know if i even want to put them back on b/c it looks soooo clean :D

·
Registered
12,817 Posts
IgNiTe600 said:
i just took mine off today to get powder coated and i dont know if i even want to put them back on b/c it looks soooo clean :D
The tail sections look so good on the '06s without them. I took mine off the minute I got my bike home. Never even rode it with them on.

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Blaise said:
Whatever pussy.

Yeah, just get a new subframe.
Not everyone wants to ride solo.
+1.....even though Ellen (nj's girl) has her own bike, there are times when she just wants to get on the back of the RC or GSXR and go for a ride.

nj

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Dave88LX said:
What's the best place to look, classifieds for someone parting out their bike? Or are they something readily available from a bike store (Hell no on the dealer!)

What should I expect to pay for them?
eBay, or better yet, a motorcycle junkyard if theres one by you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.