Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you flooded out yet GixxerUK, looks really crappy on the news?

I went camping in North Wales once when I was 11, it rained really hard for about a week. Me and my friends found an old Puch maxi in an abandoned caravan, must have been there for years. I was determined to get it started and made all these kids off the campsite push me up and down the fields! It started a few times, but the plug so fouled up with oil you had to take it out ach time and clean it. We parked it on the side of this old track/road, and got called in for lunch. When we got back to it the side of the road had caved in and the moped was down the hill into a river!! I was gutted because I didn't have anything to tinker with and we never told the farmer!
It's funny cause i was always trying to get old pieces of crap to work, I even kept an old petrol tank I found on the down under my bed incase I find the rest of the bike!

Spring is on its way though, I have seen a daffodill

Julia

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
wow! weather is still bad over there?
wev had a spanky day this side of the wee pond,

oh my god cant wait for summer,
iv been day dreaming out my window all day and couldnt get anyone moving for a lunchtime spin, lazy bastids

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked at the weather online and sunset is getting later by 1.5-2 minutea each day, and sunrise getting earlier about 1 min each day! Whoohoo!!!
It is supposed to be really sunny on sat and sunday here in Brighton but I have to go down to Okehampton in Devon, no doubt it will rain, I did discover a bike shop there though so I will take a morning stroll me thinks! And I can get the cd rom on my comp fixed so I can use my digi cam!!

Julia

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Rain..? Cor we've had rain alright. Reservoir where I walk my dogs has risen 400 mm in the last two days...!

Mind you, I got my bike out today and had it MOT'd. What a buzz...luvverly dry and sunny

Dave

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only riding I have got in recently was to work and back, but it is still a ride. I don't mind rain too much but I bought some waterproof trousers to put over my Keep jeans and I couldn't bend my knees

Still, I have been crashing on Moto GP2, and generally polishing things. I just can't wait til we moan cause it is too hot and all the bikers take up all the pavement space in brighton while smoking and eating chips from the pier!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
davemfox said:
Rain..? Cor we've had rain alright. Reservoir where I walk my dogs has risen 400 mm in the last two days...!

Mind you, I got my bike out today and had it MOT'd. What a buzz...luvverly dry and sunny

Dave
you git, I am nearly ready but it will be next weekend rather than this one , even cleaned my iridium visor today and took an inch of dust from my lid too !

Andy

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
julia1 said:
The only riding I have got in recently was to work and back, but it is still a ride. I don't mind rain too much but I bought some waterproof trousers to put over my Keep jeans and I couldn't bend my knees

Still, I have been crashing on Moto GP2, and generally polishing things. I just can't wait til we moan cause it is too hot and all the bikers take up all the pavement space in brighton while smoking and eating chips from the pier!
I'll be one of them standing on the pavement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts