Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waddya \'spect for $500

O.K. so I got to ride my '89 7/11 today. No bodywork, lights, license, instruments, mirrors, etc. Thankfully no cops either. It ran great. Thanks Simon for the oil cooler info, I unsoldered the top fitting and just swapped them out. Getting the lines to fit to the frame and down to the connection was a nightmare, but I did finally do it. Anyways it ran great compared to my 100hp 750. The jetting kinda sucked but when it cleared out, up came the wheel, cool, the 750 never did that just on throttle. Now the shitty part. It jumps out of 2nd and 3d. Does any year transmission fit? Does the 6 speed 750 have the strength so that I can use it? Does anyone have one, in good shape, that they are willing to part with? Sorry Bones, I am sitting here twitching, wanting to know what to do. Thanks all. Troy341

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: Waddya \'spect for $500

86-89 should interchange or 90-92 interchange. The 90-92 with the Diaphram springs have a longer main shaft than the early model. DO NOT use the six speed. I have heard of one or two lasting but only if you do not get on it. If you saw the old Yosh racers that listed a six speed in a 1100 rember that this was a Kit Tranny not the one out of a regular 750. If you do try it and it fails it will most likely take the case with it.
For rebuilding your tranny I recomend RPM, Billy Rohm recomends using a new 2nd gear and cryo treating it first. For those of you who do not know who Billy Rohm is he is the Rohm from Sims and Rohm fame the first naturaly asperated street legal bike to go over 200mph (203 SportRider) way back in 91/92. He knows his stuff.
Rohm Performance Machine (RPM)
3120 Industrial Drive
Yuba City,CA (530)674-9123

Bones

[ 11-17-2002, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts