Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at lowering the bike a little bit. I heard that I need a lowering link? what is it exactly? and is easy to install or lower the bike on your own?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what reason are you lowering? the link is for the rear shock. changes geometry of suspension linkage. youll need to unload the suspension to change it
Well, the reason of why I want to lower it is because I am only 5'8 and would like to have both of feet touching the ground fully. I mean I don't mind it the way it is right now but would be better if I could lower it just a little bit.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
wear platform shoes

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
what reason are you lowering? the link is for the rear shock. changes geometry of suspension linkage. youll need to unload the suspension to change it
Well, the reason of why I want to lower it is because I am only 5'8 and would like to have both of feet touching the ground fully. I mean I don't mind it the way it is right now but would be better if I could lower it just a little bit.
fuck that dont lower it.. i got buds about 5'5 -5'8 that ride stock height,, just shave a bit of foam outta the seat.. besides. how often do you need both feet flat on the ground besides stop lights

·
Registered
297 Posts
i lowered mine a bit, don't bother with buying lowering links from vortex or someother big company. they will cost to much for what they are. just go on ebay and type in "dog bones". they will only cost you about 20 bucks, and its nice to have. you can leave it at stock height if you want, and then slam it for the drag strip. or you can just have it lowered a little for normal day riding. only takes a few minutes to change.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
been doing tip toe for the past 5 years (on my 1000)!!!!!!!!! now the 600 make me feel short!!!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
OK since no one answered your question, I will. To lower the back of the bike, you take off the RH fairing. Then there is 2 Links in there, they look like dog bones. You need a 14mm and 17mm wrench to take the bolts out, but you need someone holding the tail up, or else one you will never get the bolts out, if you do, the bikes tail will slam down and the bike will fall over. But pull those bolts, and put extended links and, and it will lower. Just make you own, get some 1/4" Steel plate and drill 2 1/2" holes, further apart than the stock links. (the stock links are aluminum, but most people dont have the equipment to cut aluminum as good as steel)

Rule of thumb, 5/16" extended(past stock length), equals a 1" drop.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts